Who would you want??

Status
Not open for further replies.

glover7

i think its time to think about CL should go... so thinking into the future....
who would like to see at leicester instead? REAL SUGGESTIONS and no joe_fox u cant be the new manager haha

i would love to see Gary Johnson, done very well at lower league clubs and he is english...

also what is gianluca vialli doing now? he was a quality manager!

i wouldnt want any previous manager to come back except martin o ofcorse and maybe brian lil, he could get us out of this position, and i think we have forgiven him by now...

so who do you all want?

(spelling any better guys hehe)

haz :p

Until the end of the season, it could be Pootle from the Flumps for all I care as long as somebody stops us getting relegated. If Hindsight could tell me the CL would keep us up, I would be happy to keep him

As for next season, I haven't got a clue as long as the new manager doesn't come out with this line in his post match interview:

"The players know they played bad, it won't do any good me going in their and giving them a rollicking"

I would like a job where I can consistently underperform with the manager taking a passive role, simply because I know I have underperformed.

But I still vote for Pootle from the Flumps

Last edited:
Melton Fox said:
Until the end of the season, it could be Pootle from the Flumps for all I care as long as somebody stops us getting relegated. If Hindsight could tell me the CL would keep us up, I would be happy to keep him

As for next season, I haven't got a clue as long as the new manager doesn't come out with this line in his post match interview:

"The players know they played bad, it won't do any good me going in their and giving them a rollicking"

I would like a job where I can consistently underperform with the manager taking a passive role, simply because I know I have underperformed.

But I still vote for Pootle from the Flumps

dont that just sum up cl

Melton Fox said:
Until the end of the season, it could be Pootle from the Flumps for all I care as long as somebody stops us getting relegated.

That's just the kind of crap that makes a mockery of this forum

Everyone knows that Perkin is the only one that bothered to take his coaching badges

What an idiot

homer said:
That's just the kind of crap that makes a mockery of this forum

Everyone knows that Perkin is the only one that bothered to take his coaching badges

What an idiot

Wrong, wrong, wrong. :018:

At time of crisis you need experience - get Grandpa in.

grandpa.jpg

Last edited:
ok. serious-ish suggestion. i know he was mainly a tree but what about nigel clough? do you think he's ready yet to manage above non-league. surely he must be a lot like his dad was. (the best there ever was)

i just think the wombles would be looking for too much money thats all:102:

You have to admire Nigel Clough. I saw an interview with his Dad where he told him he had to stay in lower league football until he was a good enough manager to make the grade at the higher level. You have to admire him for doing this.

Whenever there is a vacant position, Clough is never mentioned because he keeps himself out of the spotlight.

When he is ready, I would like to see him here. I can't imagine going to fo***t, he has got an incredible act to follow and would aways be compared to his old man. He is a midlands boy, he may want to stay here

Last edited:
Melton Fox said:
You have to admire Nigel Clough. I saw an interview with his Dad where he told him he had to stay in lower league football until he was a good enough manager to make the grade at the higher level. You have to admire him for doing this.

Whenever there is a vacant position, Clough is never mentioned because he keeps himself out of the spotlight.

When he is ready, I would like to see him here. I can't imagine going to fo***t, he has got an incredible act to follow and would aways be compared to his old man. He is a midlands boy, he may want to stay here

Chances are he will go to Forest when a position becomes available. If not them possibly Derby so he can follow in his dad's footsteps. Im sure these 2 teams will be his priorities.

My personal opinion is that CL wont go, for if the board were going to sack him they would have done it by now. However my prefered choice would be Eric Black, who is currently number 2 to Steve Bruce at Birmingham. He did well for the few games he was in charge of Cov and I believe that he can instill the passion and motivation needed to succeed.

I don`t think the club can afford to pay off Craig and his staff and compensate another club if we were to take a manager already in work, we would need to look at managers currently without clubs, not a great deal of those I would personally go for, but if I must make a suggestion, and bear in mind it is purely my opinion and not something I have heard, what about Kevin Keegan ?

not sure about keegan he has been shown to quit a job when in a crisis-is he really the man we want to take over when we are in one?

Did`nt Harry come in before, after just 8 games and get us relegated ? maybe I`m wrong !

drummindefender said:
not sure about keegan he has been shown to quit a job when in a crisis-is he really the man we want to take over when we are in one?

He took over at Newcastle when they were in crisis. They escaped relegation (just), but came to Filbert Street for the last match of the season in real danger of going down.

But how many times have new managers come in to a club and turned things around enough to save a club from relegation?
Can't remember it ever happening for us. People have made the claim that Gordon Lee saved us, but results didn't improve under him and we finished lower in the league than when he took over. Things didn't really improve when Bassett and McGhee came in, we still went down.

mad biker said:
I don`t think the club can afford to pay off Craig and his staff and compensate another club if we were to take a manager already in work, we would need to look at managers currently without clubs, not a great deal of those I would personally go for, but if I must make a suggestion, and bear in mind it is purely my opinion and not something I have heard, what about Kevin Keegan ?

I'm sure that's right and Levein, who is not stupid and will be professionally advised, knows it.

That's why although I guess that Fryatt will turn out to be a good signing, I think it would have been better to use the money to get rid of Levein.

For the above reason I think we are stuck with him....as for Keegan, could we afford him? As stated on another thread I would go for short term consultancy and then take it from there in the summer, but I don't think its going to happen.

mad biker said:

Keegan with his passion, yes. But can't see him managing a skint club:102:

Although I may be one of the cl out boys, I really dont know who could come in to sort this team out. I still think Kelly could be our best option, he was off the becnh at every avaliable opportunity barking orders at the players and at the moment seems to have more passion for the cause than cl. However that could just be coz they are very different people.

as for this comment:

As I said on the radio yesterday whilst he would be wrong to pick out individuals and blame them for the current run of results a good kick up the rear end is what this bloody team needs to get them going. They did it for themselves against spurs but cant do it for the teams in this league, we have fair too many players thinking they are too good for this club and 'deserve' to be playing elsehwere at a higher level.

I would like to see someone like Clough or that guy at Colchester, Phil Parkinson I think. He has done a good job there

Harry B is not the 1 for us he did come in b4 and do badly.. he has hardly won a game for us, i really think we should go english and hungry.... shame we cannot pay of CL i really think thats the club is dead, no fight or heart, its all gone. ppl cant even be bothered to moan with passion anymore!

keegan has applied for the south africa job so he will most prob go with that one....

haz :(

glover7 said:
Harry B is not the 1 for us he did come in b4 and do badly.. he has hardly won a game for us, i really think we should go english and hungry.... shame we cannot pay of CL i really think thats the club is dead, no fight or heart, its all gone. ppl cant even be bothered to moan with passion anymore!

keegan has applied for the south africa job so he will most prob go with that one....

haz :(

dont know any managers from Hungary...:102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572