Who's been a matchday mascot before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not been a mascot, been a ballboy at the gordan banks testimonial match, a 6-6 thriller leicester all-stars vs a ron atkinson select 11, (the coventry team) ;-)

strangely i havent got so into BSP - current favourites are bloc party, the futureheads and the departure. oh and towers of london for comedy value!!

living in london i get to at least a gig a week!

the train to leicester tomorrow morning with a hangover is going to be painful....

themoralkiosk said:
strangely i havent got so into BSP - current favourites are bloc party, the futureheads and the departure. oh and towers of london for comedy value!!

living in london i get to at least a gig a week!

the train to leicester tomorrow morning with a hangover is going to be painful....

If you listen to BSP more then it really really grows on you.

Been a mascot v QPR March 1987. we won 4-1 and I had my photo taken with Steve Moran and Gary McAllister.

Been a ballboy loads of times cause in the early 90's I was at the School of Excellence so you got picked regularly

Hang about, I think DickovforEngland was talking about me! I was mascot when we played Southampton at home in about '83 or '84, when I was six. I'd only been at the Junior Foxes a couple of weeks and my name got pulled out the hat the very next week. If that wasn't spawny enough, the match got abandoned after about half an hour (anyone remember Steve Lynex doing the breat stroke in a massive puddle?) and I got asked back to be mascot for the re-arranged game. Get in! Can't remember the score now though - I was feeling too excited having met Bobby Smith and Ian Wilson. Did we win it 2-1 or something?

won 2-1
a smith and lineker scored, wonder what became of them?

I've not been a mascot as such, but I did have my picture taken with big Ian Ormondroyd on the pitch before the tranmere play-off game...although why I am pleased about that I will never know

:roll:

Joe_Fox said:
themoralkiosk said:
theres an old r.e.m. song called 'moral kiosk' and i used the name to post on their message board and ended up using it for everything!

So you are a fan of stipe and his fellows?

I like Red Stipe, quite strong, but mellow.

Hi, My 1st post as well

Just to show my age. I was a mascot against Man Utd in 73-74 season. I remember it was a night game and the atmosphere was amazing. Keith Wellar was captain (RIP). I remember kicking the ball about with Graham Cross, Wellar and Steve Whitworth. Tried shooting against Shilton but it was totally pants. My brother said later that the kop was asking me to give them a wave but I was just in my own little world, so they booed when they didnt.
George Graham was there Captain, but he never gave me any money when he shock my hand (I think he watched me shooting against Shilts!!!)

Still one of the best days of my life. Even if the Man Utd morons where fighting all the way back to the station. Scarring me and my mum half to death. Another good reason to hate them.

Heres to better times.

Up the City!! :smt006 :smt006

Haworthfox said:
Hi, My 1st post as well

Just to show my age. I was a mascot against Man Utd in 73-74 season. I remember it was a night game and the atmosphere was amazing. Keith Wellar was captain (RIP). I remember kicking the ball about with Graham Cross, Wellar and Steve Whitworth. Tried shooting against Shilton but it was totally pants. My brother said later that the kop was asking me to give them a wave but I was just in my own little world, so they booed when they didnt.
George Graham was there Captain, but he never gave me any money when he shock my hand (I think he watched me shooting against Shilts!!!)

Still one of the best days of my life. Even if the Man Utd morons where fighting all the way back to the station. Scarring me and my mum half to death. Another good reason to hate them.

Heres to better times.

Up the City!! :smt006 :smt006

Great memory. :p :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Not me but i shagged the bird who used to be cousin Dennis!!!

dave said:
Not me but i shagged the bird who used to be cousin Dennis!!!

Be careful what you admit to on this board. :roll: :p :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570