Who's next in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

I would imagine that CL has someone in mind before the deadline. When interviewed he always states we have no pace at the back at the moment! I think it will be a pacy centre back , if there are any about!

Registration for what?

I thought this thread was about the Famous Blue Chair!

I thought it was about Webbo again, and his bedroom in particular

And the answer would be NO ONE

dpjfox said:
I would imagine that CL has someone in mind before the deadline. When interviewed he always states we have no pace at the back at the moment! I think it will be a pacy centre back , if there are any about!

Since we can only sign players from the Premier league, I looked thru the squad lists of all 20clubs, and these are the possible or remotely possible targets that we could possibly get:

McEveley (Blackburn)
Perry (Charlton)
Powell (Palace)
Pearce (Fulham)
Thatcher, Sommeil, Bischoff (Man City)
Spector (Man Utd) on loan
Foxe (Portsmouth)
Kenton, Baird (Southampton)
Bunjevcevic, Richards (Tottenham)
Moore (WBA)

There may be some choices from the Championship as well, but out of these lot, I would probably take Thatcher, Bischoff, McEveley, Spector.

who's next

I would think Rob Kelly knows McEverely well. I dont want anymore Rovers rejects, weve had enough over the past few seaons and none have worked out, well maybe Gillespie on current form.

Don't buy Moore - he's a donkey. We definitely need a centre half with pace and someone to partner MDV up front. Probably need to shop around in the likes of Rovrum to pick up some bargains

The Cunning Fox said:
Maurice Ross (Rangers) - The 24 year old defender with 12 full caps for Scotland is at the moment uncertain of a place in the Rangers team. He's a good central defender in the right age and a player Levein could have a close eye to.

Scott Severin (Aberdeen) - Also a Scottish international mostly used in midfield at Aberdeen, but could also play in the back. The 25 year old player has 9 full caps for Scotland and could be a player that also fits Levein's transfer budget.

Kevin McNoughton (Aberdeen) - Another fine player. A 22 year old defender with full caps for Scotland. His season has been good but could be a player Aberdeen wants a fee for that isn't in the region City would be able to pay.

Zak Whitbread (Liverpool) - A wild guess really and a player few has heard about. Zak play mostly for Liverpool reserves and the USA born player is a fantastic prospect. A 21 year old that hopefully are on Levein's list of prospects.

Andrew Davies (Middlesbrough) - Haven't been selected much this season and joined QPR on loan. A great prospect as well. He's a England U.21 international and could be on the list as well. He's only 20, but again a player with a great potential.

John Kennedy (Celtic) - A 21 year old defender struggling to get into the first team with players such as Balde, Henchoz, Varga and Laursen to compete with. Kennedy is a Scottish U.21 international and might be on Levein's list.

Anyone know anything about these players :?: :p :wink: ;-)

Kennedy is a great prospect but I doubt Celtic will let him go.He's been out with a broken leg and is only just getting back to fitness so he hasn't exactly struggling to get in the Celtic team.
Maurice Ross is a full back rather than a centre half,seems to have a bit of a temper on him when ever I've seen him play but I wouldn't discount him.Don't know much about the Aberdeen lads although I know Zander Diamond is the one they rave about across there.

lcfcrules said:
dpjfox said:

Since we can only sign players from the Premier league, I looked thru the squad lists of all 20clubs, and these are the possible or remotely possible targets that we could possibly get:

McEveley (Blackburn)
Perry (Charlton)
Powell (Palace)
Pearce (Fulham)
Foxe (Portsmouth)
Moore (WBA)

There may be some choices from the Championship as well, but out of these lot, I would probably take Thatcher, Bischoff, McEveley, Spector.

Where have you got this rule from?!?! We can sign a player from anywhere, can't we?

Compton Fox said:
lcfcrules said:
dpjfox said:

McEveley (Blackburn)
Perry (Charlton)
Powell (Palace)
Pearce (Fulham)
Foxe (Portsmouth)
Moore (WBA)

Where have you got this rule from?!?! We can sign a player from anywhere, can't we?

I think we are not allowed to sign players from a foreign league after the January transfer window, however, we are still allowed to sign players from domestic clubs, so we can sign a player from anywhere within the English leagues, but I guess we won't be signing players from Peterborough or Mansfield, so it will be either from a Chamionship side or the Premiership.

lcfcrules said:
Compton Fox said:
lcfcrules said:
dpjfox said:

McEveley (Blackburn)
Perry (Charlton)
Powell (Palace)
Pearce (Fulham)
Foxe (Portsmouth)
Moore (WBA)

I think we are not allowed to sign players from a foreign league after the January transfer window, however, we are still allowed to sign players from domestic clubs, so we can sign a player from anywhere within the English leagues, but I guess we won't be signing players from Peterborough or Mansfield, so it will be either from a Chamionship side or the Premiership.
Thtacher CAN play centre back, is, as we all know a very good defender, knows this place and a few players from last season and wnats to leave Man City for Family Reasons, IMO would be very good if we could get him back down here!

bertfox said:
Thtacher CAN play centre back, is, as we all know a very good defender, knows this place and a few players from last season and wnats to leave Man City for Family Reasons, IMO would be very good if we could get him back down here!

I think there's a rule that stops clubs from re-signing players so soon after they've left.

It's the rule that prevented Liverpool from trying to sign Michael Owen in the transfer window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669