Why oh why spend so much on connolly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam

I cant believe how much Adams spent on connolly apparently hes a goalscorer we've seen one goal from him and to be fair it was absolutely cracking but then he goes and ruins it and gers sent off needlessly and then typical leicester unfortunately give up for the last 10 minutes and they go and make us pay i mean Q.P.R arent that good are they. I dont understand why adams payed so much for him if i was manager id probably pay about 250,000 for him as a very reasonable offer and then i could get another good striker (not Dublin)

David Connelly is an excellent striker at this level, the biggest problem as with Gareth Williams is that tactically we dont play to their strengths and therefore it is a little unfair to criticise their performances.

The biggest question this brings up in my mind is why did our manager pay a combined fee of one million pounds for 2 players who clearly do not fit in to our current pattern of play.

last saterday, Dave Bassett was the commentator on the radio for the leicester match. After about ten minutes of connely on the pitch bassett is shocked to realise connelly is only recieving lobs i.e. high ball from his team mates, not the kind of service he can act on, especially when he is being marked by a 6'3" defender.
Connelly is small, fast and quick to change direction (No Dickov, I agree) and he should be recieving low through balls that he can turn and chase.

Bassetts comment on the raidio raises two questions.
Why the hell has it taken David Bassett (The director of Football) this long to realise that connelly is not recieving the service he needs.

Why the hell has ma allowed the squad to continue playing without giving connelly the service he needs to score.

Dont blame connelly, It is the managers job to make sure the team play to their strengths and connelly's strength is not out jumping a 6'3" defender to get to a header.

Like all the problems at city they are basic school boy tactics that any manager should be able to sort out, Problem is the three stooges have not got a clue and the booard dont seam to have the balls to act.

GET MA and his croonies away from my club now.

MA OUT
MA OUT

It appears that your wishes have been answered.

Now comes the problem: Bassett is our manager now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669