Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry

Is Tim leaving?

I hope it's not because he does not agree with the way the club is being run.

I fear that having bought us through administration he sees us (the club not MM personally) responsible for massive loans to finance yet another building program.

How is this club being run. We talk about MM financing Ollie, but how?, is he actually putting his hand in his pocket or is he running up large debts on the club. If it's the later I dred to think what could happen if Teachers did not like what they saw. Then again are we supposed to care? If it meant the end of my club I certainly would.........

Is Tim leaving?

I fear that having bought us through administration he sees us (the club not MM personally) responsible for massive loans to finance yet another building program.

How is this club being run. We talk about MM financing Ollie, but how?, is he actually putting his hand in his pocket or is he running up large debts on the club. If it's the later I dred to think what could happen if Teachers did not like what they saw. Then again are we supposed to care? If it meant the end of my club I certainly would.........

Because we have signed someone better.... hopefully. (See aldridge news link)

Is Tim leaving?

I dont think debts are being run up on the Club - at the end of the day what assets does the club have to do so? I think (might be wrong) the stadium is still being leased and I suspose we could get a million or two on training ground but other then that dont really see what tangible assets the club has. I know in the past some clubs have borrowed on the back of future season ticket sales unlikely here at LCFC given league status. I think the realy worry would be if / when MM snufs it and where recipients of his estate would continue to bank roll the club and its wage bill if we are still in the Championship at that time. Would be interesting to see what provision (if any) has been made in his estate if he did die or something (ie. fall of a yacht)

It was always the case he would leave and had a year to find alternative employment.

I think the surprising thing is that he has stayed in post for so long. Just as the new bloke was usurped from West Ham on the arrival of the Icelandic owners, I think everybody would have expected Tim Davies to have been off earlier, especially in view of Milan's supposed hands-on view of club ownership. I am sure that Tim will have been fully aware of the inevitability of his demise and will have been making appropriate arrangements for his future. I'm also equally certain that he will have gone away with a decent 'severance package'.

I dont think debts are being run up on the Club - at the end of the day what assets does the club have to do so? I think (might be wrong) the stadium is still being leased and I suspose we could get a million or two on training ground but other then that dont really see what tangible assets the club has. I know in the past some clubs have borrowed on the back of future season ticket sales unlikely here at LCFC given league status. I think the realy worry would be if / when MM snufs it and where recipients of his estate would continue to bank roll the club and its wage bill if we are still in the Championship at that time. Would be interesting to see what provision (if any) has been made in his estate if he did die or something (ie. fall of a yacht)

What do you count as debts Blue?

Do loans from Milan count, because thats how pompey was financed...

What do you count as debts Blue?

Do loans from Milan count, because thats how pompey was financed...

It is unlikely that MM is donating money to the club. Whatever he puts into the club now he does so in the understanding of recouping one day + interest either in (i) loan and interest repayment or (ii) selling the club on and recovering his investment (the money he paid up front up plus injections for new players etc.). But the debt is unsecured and does not need to repaid at a price set by a bank like you find at Man Utd for eg.

MM could call in the debt if he so choose - but why? He would only be able to do so if we were successful in getting into and staying in the premiership (no way we could generate the level of cash he has put in - in the Championship). Suppose he did, then what? If he has his "loans" + interest repaid by the club, he is still left with a club (and all its day to day liabilities) to run and that continues to demand cash.

IMO MM is banking on getting us into the Premier and find a buyer who will pay him his investment + goodwill thus seeing a better return on his investment then he is currently likely to get from the cash sitting in a bank.

Any buyer would only purchase LCFC if they felt there is a good chance of keeping us up in the premiership becuase anytime out of the premiership would mean then having to put more cash back into the club.

I could be wrong but I cant see how else he hopes to recover his cash?

TBH who cares where the money is coming from, as long as we get a good team to watch, thats all that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00