Wii - what to buy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're getting a Wii for Christmas - can you tell me what is worth having in terms of accessories/games etc and conversely what's a complete waste of time/money

Make sure you have at least 2 controllers with nunchucks. Games wise depends on what you want it for. Kids or adults? Partys or family play? Fitness or a laugh?

Lazzer's the one to ask about fitness

He's on that there Wii Fit every single night

I bet the weight is dropping off him.........

fitness wise get wii fit.

The standard wii games that comes with the console and the new version of wii games will be a good start. Also mario party 8.

Mario kart is good is you get a couple of wheels (they are about 4 quid on ebay).

Wii fits ur only decent fitness option - if ur lucky enough to get one, they are like gold-dust and availability of the wii fit will only get worse b4 xmas

Party games are the way forward. Mario kart is a must, Guitar hero if ur into ur rock (especially guitar hero world tour when it comes out which has drums, an extra bass and a mic - pisses all over rock band/singstar). I like big beach sports. carnival and game party are good fun too - all 3 are budget titles. Mario + sonic is usually in shops bundles (its in ours at the minute for free!)

For the gamers, take a look at last years pro evo - a very different way of playing a footy game. House of the dead plays well. Be warned that the console is not a traditional gamers machine, hence the lack of major ps3 + 360 franchises and sports sims.

For a second controller get wii play as for an extra couple of quid you get 15 mini games - one of which is lazer hockey and its brilliant.

Make sure you dont hang about with the purchase, i was with the ninty bods in london 10 days ago - the consoles will dry up and be well in demand at xmas, probably leading to massive ebay prices - dont leave it to the last minute!

Last edited:
guitar hero 3 is fecking brilliant.
the wii fit has some fun family games on too.

Bought 1 today for the kids(Game are doing some good deals). I don't want to open the box so can anybody tell me how many controllers /nunchuks you get in the basic package?

Bought 1 today for the kids(Game are doing some good deals). I don't want to open the box so can anybody tell me how many controllers /nunchuks you get in the basic package?

One of each. Another controller costs around £25 but you can buy a game called Wii Play for £30 which has a controller in it. Game is very basic but worth it for a fiver.

or go on ebay and get them cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670