Wilcox signs deal!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair he only had 15 games last season so we did not really get a chance to see him and CL would like him around, Wilcox wears our blue so lets support him.
This does not mean I agree with keeping him for another year, just I think it is about time alot of people got thier heads out of thier arses and try supporting the team rather than moaning. (that is a general comment not aimed at anyone on here)

I agree Naughty - and actually I don't think he's a bad option for cover at all - he's obviously not being paid a silly sum, he has a great left foot and good engine - I also hope he can work with Jordan a bit on the Micky Adams field...

I don't really think he will be "an integral part of our squad next season", but I hope he proves me wrong, I really do.

highland fox said:
CL must see something in him,fecking well hidden if you ask me.''The kind of player you want in the dressing room'' just as long as he stays in there we will be fine.I'm not too bothered I see him as a 'cover' player maybe he's good at motivating the team.He must be on 'peanuts' though.

I agree.

It will be a pleasant surprise if he contributes much on the pitch - given that he has been injury prone for years, however, if his attitude is good that is very important for the younger players and he does provide presumably low cost cover on the left.

Also, it looks like we may be struggling numbers wise in terms of the overall squad - so you can see a certain logic.

hate to disagree with certain people but the main reason (if you ignore his injury because he wouldnt of played anyway) he didnt play was because he was shit. its the most baffling decision by a city manager in a long time, dare to think what is worse as i may not sleep tonight.

Whilst Wilcox is not or will never be a City great, after reading CL's comments about him he has obviously seen something in him that he believes makes Wilcox an asset to the club, bear in mind he has just fought his way back from serious injury, also that we are going to have an inexperienced squad and we need a couple of experienced seasoned professionals to help these youngsters along and Levein obviously thinks that in Dublin, Wilcox and Tiatto these players will provide the right example to these younger players, also in the games I saw Wilcox play in he did ok and I think he will provide decent cover down the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669