Wilcox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

There is another speccy iffy rumour that says "I hear at the club that Jason Wilcox has been offered a 12 month contract!" :!: :!: :p :p :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

as we sometimes sing....

YOU WOT YOU WOT YOU WOT YOU WOT YOU WOT?!

thats ridiculous. possibly only because he is on like 500 quid a month. haha.

cooperLCFCanstey said:
as we sometimes sing....

YOU WOT YOU WOT YOU WOT YOU WOT YOU WOT?!

thats ridiculous. possibly only because he is on like 500 quid a month. haha.

Overpaid then :-D

absolutely over paid, he should be on less than min wage. all he does is feature in matchday programmes every other week at every other gym in leicster saying how "nice these training facilities are"

cooperLCFCanstey said:
absolutely over paid, he should be on less than min wage. all he does is feature in matchday programmes every other week at every other gym in leicster saying how "nice these training facilities are"

to remind us he wasnt told to bugger off with pressman etc etc so we still have some reason to complain about the running of our club

Steven said:
There is another speccy iffy rumour that says "I hear at the club that Jason Wilcox has been offered a 12 month contract!" :!: :!: :p :p :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Not that surprised since we didn't hear that he was batched up with the rest.

I suppose that in terms of matches/ seasons actually played - he's only about 26 years - if you see what i mean.

Don't moan about Wilcox until he's had a proper chance to play under CL. He might be able to transform him the way he did with Gillespie.
And I don't think Wilcox was as bad for us as a lot of people are making out.

webmaster said:
Don't moan about Wilcox until he's had a proper chance to play under CL. He might be able to transform him the way he did with Gillespie.

Webbo,have you been sniffing the AJAX again? ;-)

webmaster said:

Gillespie's improvement was just slightly related to the fact that his contract was coming to its end.

I think the point about Wilcox is simply that its years since he played an extensive number of games and one would have to be fairly optimistic to think that at this late stage of his career that things are going to improve.

webmaster said:

Come on Jeff. What has Wilcox contributed? and CL obviously didn't think Gillespie was worth keeping after his transformation, so why Wilcox before any changes???

DurhamFox said:
webmaster said:

Come on Jeff. What has Wilcox contributed? and CL obviously didn't think Gillespie was worth keeping after his transformation, so why Wilcox before any changes???

He's been injured most of the time.

He had a few good games before his injury (before CL arrived), and apparently he played very well for the reserves after his injury.
CL will have seen him in training and knows what he can do.

CL has said he wants players who can be versatile, Wilcox might be good cover for left back / left midfield, Gillespie could only play in one position, that probably counted against him.

webmaster said:
DurhamFox said:
webmaster said:

He had a few good games before his injury (before CL arrived), and apparently he played very well for the reserves after his injury.

CL has said he wants players who can be versatile, Wilcox might be good cover for left back / left midfield, Gillespie could only play in one position, that probably counted against him.

But his legs are knackered,we give him a one year contract and he spends 90% of it in the Treatment Room.....surely we could spend the money more wisely.Just seems a Risk really not worth taking IMO.

highland fox said:
webmaster said:
DurhamFox said:
webmaster said:

But his legs are knackered,we give him a one year contract and he spends 90% of it in the Treatment Room.....surely we could spend the money more wisely.Just seems a Risk really not worth taking IMO.

Couldn't agree more HF. A complete waste of time, effort and money.

highland fox said:

The contract that's been offered to him might be based on the number of games he plays, so we wouldn't be losing out if he gets injured.

webmaster said:
highland fox said:

The contract that's been offered to him might be based on the number of games he plays, so we wouldn't be losing out if he gets injured.

Good back up/Squad player.
Not as bad as some people are making out, but i would stick him on retaining type basic wage and pay him bonus for appearances etc. Abit like Birmingham did with Anderton.

webmaster said:
highland fox said:
But his legs are knackered,...

At least Wilcox got his latest (and serious) injury in our service. Not like some of the serial malingerers that have been about!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669