Speculation Wilfred Ndidi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Homer is right.

But not sure people use the word 'average' correctly. You'd have to be generous to apply the term to most of our performances this season. And if we're honest with ourselves none of the big money imports have so far excelled. Matter of fact I think that Amartey has looked the most busy.

Of course there is an issue - particularly away - when our sole idea of attack is to hope that Vardy can run on to long balls on the rare occasions when we have possession - not sure where Slimani's undoubted strengths play into this. 1 point out of 24 from away fixtures tells us that something(s) are not exactly right.

Good luck Ndidi.

No, I understand that new signings are urgently required. I just hope that there is a better targeting of positions and better value for money.

We made some great signings prior to this summer - obviously. Perhaps the summer signings will eventually prove themselves....hopefully whilst we are still in the Premier League.
Why does the value for money matter? It's not your money and the owners don't appear to have a limit in place. Equally, market value is all over the place now. Slimani is probably a 20m player based on other sales etc but you'll always pay a premium if you are Champions.

Homer is right.

But not sure people use the word 'average' correctly. You'd have to be generous to apply the term to most of our performances this season. And if we're honest with ourselves none of the big money imports have so far excelled. Matter of fact I think that Amartey has looked the most busy.

Of course there is an issue - particularly away - when our sole idea of attack is to hope that Vardy can run on to long balls on the rare occasions when we have possession - not sure where Slimani's undoubted strengths play into this. 1 point out of 24 from away fixtures tells us that something(s) are not exactly right.

Good luck Ndidi.
Our performances have been consistently bad away from home this year, surely that becomes the average then?

Our performances have been consistently bad away from home this year, surely that becomes the average then?

No it doesn't. 'Average' means neither 'good' nor 'bad' but in the middle.

Our performances away from home have been plain 'bad'.

An improvement to reach an 'average' standard of away performances would be welcome.

An improvement to reach an 'average' standard of away performances would be welcome.
Maybe 'bad' is the new 'average'. And 'true and utter dogshite' is the new 'bad'

We paid feck all for them, so that was to be expected

When you spunk fifty million big ones, you should expect a bit more than bang average meh performances week in week out

I don't see the relevance of price to immediate success in a new club, new league.

Though as someone else said it's not the new players that have let us down it's the old players who played so well last season.

That depends which average you are talking about. mean, median, etc...

Maybe 'bad' is the new 'average'. And 'true and utter dogshite' is the new 'bad'

More or less. Soccer pundits and ex-players and such like have invented their own vocabulary e.g. when a team or individual has played absolute crap they will often pronounce somethings like "I'd have to say that was very average."

We have been about as bad as any team can be away from home..

The issue is that there is an endless stream of heavily promoted, vastly over-priced foreign based players who are marketed at EPL clubs. By definition the players have no Prem experience and this player is so young he would be very unlikely to be picked if he was a UK player.

Our recruitment in the summer was a disaster- threw away the club's resources and has been pointed out, missed out on decent transfers at a time when our attraction to good players was at its highest.

I hope this is better business for the club- and I'm amazed the owners are prepared to continue to invest in the judgement of whoever is controlling recruitment.

C'mon Mendy has been injured and as a result our midfield has been unable to compete thus the money spent upfront has not yet seen fruition, James has not returned from injury as quickly as the club probably thought would happen. This lad could be a success the same could be said for Kaputska, Mahrez took a while to adapt the same will apply to the other foreigners. I agree there is a lot of dross coming in from Europe and IMO there is some astonishing talent in the EFL, but to state that our recruitment team is pants after just 6 months is a bit harsh IMO.

C'mon Mendy has been injured and as a result our midfield has been unable to compete thus the money spent upfront has not yet seen fruition, James has not returned from injury as quickly as the club probably thought would happen. This lad could be a success the same could be said for Kaputska, Mahrez took a while to adapt the same will apply to the other foreigners. I agree there is a lot of dross coming in from Europe and IMO there is some astonishing talent in the EFL, but to state that our recruitment team is pants after just 6 months is a bit harsh IMO.

Missed opportunity this summer whilst our pulling power was higher. Should have strengthened central defence. As far as midfield its my guess and only a guess is that Amartey will prove a better buy than Mendy.

We shall see.

Missed opportunity this summer whilst our pulling power was higher. Should have strengthened central defence. As far as midfield its my guess and only a guess is that Amartey will prove a better buy than Mendy.

We shall see.

Mendy was great in France I think he'll surprise you. Also we tried to make central defensive purchases but were knocked back each time. We certainly need some good young central defenders but if teams don't want to sell - like Keane - it's hard to do it. Buying just to buy isn't reasonable. Hernandez was bought as a CB who could cover at RB if I remember rightly.

Ranieri; "I haven't seen him, I don't know him".

Where has he gone after he left Genk? Has Preki bought him?

The issue is that there is an endless stream of heavily promoted, vastly over-priced foreign based players who are marketed at EPL clubs. By definition the players have no Prem experience and this player is so young he would be very unlikely to be picked if he was a UK player.

Our recruitment in the summer was a disaster- threw away the club's resources and has been pointed out, missed out on decent transfers at a time when our attraction to good players was at its highest.

I hope this is better business for the club- and I'm amazed the owners are prepared to continue to invest in the judgement of whoever is controlling recruitment.
Threw away clubs resources? We made approx 200 million off the back of last season and champs league this year, we desperately need a defensive midfielder that will allow DD to get forward and link up like he did last season.

So where is he? Assumed it would be confirmed by today from the sounds of all the recent stories.

Ranieri's comments of "I haven't seen him, I don't know him" from Blaarev's post makes it sounds like maybe it's not as much of a done deal as everywhere else has made it sound... If it was all signed and sealed then I don't see why we wouldn't have confirmed by now, but also why Ranieri would play dumb over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263