Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks far too similar to Vista to be worth upgrading IMO. The only thing that looks different is Paint but who uses that nowadays anyway?

You can find my opinions on my blog at mattbeighton.co.uk ;)

I think Windows 7 in itself looks OK, though from what I have seen a lot of the improvements are visual and geared towards touch screens. However the concept of cloud computing (will be an option I believe with Win7) is interesting. I know it is used already but not really on an OS scale like Microsoft are proposing. I have a few concerns regarding access and the wifi in this country but am quite eager to see it in action.

Looks far too similar to Vista to be worth upgrading IMO. The only thing that looks different is Paint but who uses that nowadays anyway?

Well seeing as how it isn't likely to be released until sometime around 2011, it's likely there might be a few changes by that time.

Will it run on my DX486 with 8Mb of ram?

If my experience with Vista is anything to go by I may just go open source when my WinXP finally gives up.

I think I must be the only person in England who likes Vista, doesn't find it unintuative and hasn't had any bugs yet.

I think I must be the only person in England who likes Vista, doesn't find it unintuative and hasn't had any bugs yet.

Sure, and I did actually like some things about it. My biggest gripe was that I had a fair amount of old, well trusted software that wouldn't work on Vista.

I think Vista is Microsoft's best so far, but I have it set up so it looks like Windows 98.

The thing about it that pissed me off the most is the stuff they left out that was in previous versions. Space Cadet pinball, and the fax program, which you only get now if you buy the business version.

The first time I installed it I had no end of problems with it. Windows Update, IE, WMP, WMC wouldn't work, and it was generally a pain in the ass. But then I did a fresh install when SP1 came out and have loved it ever since.

I think Vista is Microsoft's best so far, but I have it set up so it looks like Windows 98.

The thing about it that pissed me off the most is the stuff they left out that was in previous versions. Space Cadet pinball, and the fax program, which you only get now if you buy the business version.

The first time I installed it I had no end of problems with it. Windows Update, IE, WMP, WMC wouldn't work, and it was generally a pain in the ass. But then I did a fresh install when SP1 came out and have loved it ever since.

I made the mistake of buying the 64 bit for my desktop (I knew I was buying the 64 bit, just didn't realise how incompatible it would be) so basic stuff like AVG free wouldn't work etc, but the 32 bit on my laptop has been fine from day 1.

I have never faxed from a PC so didn't realise it had been dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669