Winter of discontent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brauny Blue

With our feet now firmly back on terra-firma its time to take a step back and grab a huge chunk of realism.
The season so far as been pure rubbish. The result over the covscum was most welcome, but i feel it only papered over some rather large cracks.
Since CL arrived there's been a marked improvment, but we should all realise that this squad of players will not lead us back to the promised land. CL WILL without doubt get us going again ,and i hope the fans have more patience than when MON started with us.I wish that this season was over now, if only to allow CL to stamp is authority on us. The good times will return, but not this season .We must give CL 100% whilst he rebuilds our team .
Up the foxes

Brauny Blue said:
With our feet now firmly back on terra-firma its time to take a step back and grab a huge chunk of realism.
The season so far as been pure rubbish. The result over the covscum was most welcome, but i feel it only papered over some rather large cracks.
Since CL arrived there's been a marked improvment, but we should all realise that this squad of players will not lead us back to the promised land. CL WILL without doubt get us going again ,and i hope the fans have more patience than when MON started with us.I wish that this season was over now, if only to allow CL to stamp is authority on us. The good times will return, but not this season .We must give CL 100% whilst he rebuilds our team .
Up the foxes

Exactly, and you don't need half a brain to realise the situation.

MA assembled a crap squad and is tactically inept. I posted here way back that this season was a right-off and my expectation was that MA might be around till the end of the season or alternatively the ludicrous Bassett would be in charge till then.

We now have a bonus - both MA and Bassett have gone and we seem to have a promising new manager. The bonus is that there is no way we are going to get relegated and he has a longer opportunity to make things better for next season.

He deserves our support and patience.

On Pressman - what can you expect from a keeper that Wednesday deemed passed his sell by date. The bloke has done his best and has made some shocking errors - but so did Walker last season. He must not be made a scapegoat.

On Connolly - I've have seen it all before - forwards who come here and are apparantly "unlucky" - tend to remain unlucky for the duration. Its a matter of judgement not certainty but my guess is that he is not going to score many goals for us.

cl has had a chance and not performed. i think we ditch him and get harry back.
you know it makes sense.

MKFox said:
you know it makes sense.

I see where you are coming from - I recall some years ago hearing from a motivational 'expert' speaker in the USA that the mission statement of a US engineering company included "your rating in this company is based on your performance during the last 10 minutes".

winter

Redditch Fox wrote
I see where you are coming from - I recall some years ago hearing from a motivational 'expert' speaker in the USA that the mission statement of a US engineering company included "your rating in this company is based on your performance during the last 10 minutes".

On that basis i'd be sacked every week :lol:

This result proves just what a tough job CL has got in front him, it is going to take a till at least the end of this season and pre season of next season for the new manager to assemble a squad somewhere near to being suitable for how he likes to play.

This season is one for CL to establish which players he wants to keep and which he needs to ditch and over the next 3-4 months I think we will see quite a few comings and goings as CL starts to wheel and deal. We may yet still sneak into the play offs, but I envisage quite a few more false dawns this season. We must be paitent and get behind CL, he is the right man for the job but he now needs to assemble a squad capable of achieveing his ambitions.

We have lost one game.... and to be fair there wasn't a lot between the two teams... If we had a centre forward who could score (a tally of nine by now) think where we would be? I agree we should view this season as a testing ground for next if we achieve, great... If we don't then learn the lessons and put them right for next season.

If we don't perform next season then Craig should be judged by the criteria that Micky was....!!

I saw extended highlights on Sky last night and it appeared a very even game. We looked like we were attacking for much of the game, especially after the goal. We should remember that Sunderland are firing on all cylinders at the moment whereas we are still stuck in second gear.

We look more likely to score now than when Adams was here.

Redditch Fox said:
MKFox said:
you know it makes sense.

I am fascinated by this. It is so true that the here and now matters far more than anything that has gone before. CL please take note. :wink:

i actually thought sunderland were pretty poor and their position in the league only supports the fact that this league is of a very low standard :roll:

Steven said:
Redditch Fox said:
MKFox said:
you know it makes sense.

I am fascinated by this. It is so true that the here and now matters far more than anything that has gone before. CL please take note. :wink:

Does that mean the team should be picked based on the last 10 minutes of Fridays Training Session? Pile of crap if you ask me.

Steven said:
Redditch Fox said:
MKFox said:
you know it makes sense.

And if that was part of the motivational speakers last 10 minutes he should have been fired for that comment.

Dunc said:
Steven said:
Redditch Fox said:
MKFox said:
you know it makes sense.

Does that mean the team should be picked based on the last 10 minutes of Fridays Training Session? Pile of crap if you ask me.

It could mean that, but I don't think it does. I think it means that you give 100% in terms of execution, enthusiasm and energy for every single moment you are working for the Company.

It also means that in order to get on you must have most value to the Company now, and not at some time in the past or future.

What does it mean for City. Well CL has to sign players that are constantly looking to put in the best last ten minutes of their lives every time they train or play, Academy lads who have ambitions of first team football need to lift their game and old feckers like Dublin, Pressman et al. (it has been years since their last good ten minutes) need to be got rid of. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669