Wireless Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

pds

Help Please.

I've got Sky Broadband today and I can connect it fine using the ethernet cable. However, when I try and connect wirelessly it's not working.

When searching for wireless networks it is in the list, but when I go to put in the Network Key it keeps saying it does not match the one for this account. All well and good but the Network Key is on the card supplied by Sky and I have been putting it in exactly as they say.

Any ideas?

Thanks

P.S. I have just managed to connect my Iphone to the wireless network using the network key provided by Sky, so is the problem with my laptop?

Help Please.

I've got Sky Broadband today and I can connect it fine using the ethernet cable. However, when I try and connect wirelessly it's not working.

When searching for wireless networks it is in the list, but when I go to put in the Network Key it keeps saying it does not match the one for this account. All well and good but the Network Key is on the card supplied by Sky and I have been putting it in exactly as they say.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Are you selecting the right security? (WEP/WPA?)

You could log in to the router and check the key. There should be some instructions on how to do this - you'll need to access it via your browser on the PC connected via the cable.

If you still can't get it to work you could (temporarily) disable security to see if you can connect then. That would help narrow down where the problem is.

I've logged into the router and get the following options below. The one in ready is what it is set to. Also the Network Key shown on that screen is the same as what I've been putting in.:102:

Security Options
Disable
WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy)
WPA-PSK (Wi-Fi Protected Access Pre-Shared Key)
WPA-802.1x

The best thing to do is ring Sky helpline on 08442414141.

Why don`t you just use it via the ethernet cable or is it a laptop that you want to use around the house?

If this is the case then in the Netgear router settings you would have to click on wireless settings then go into WEP Security Encryption and where it says Passphrase type in a password in the empty box and click on generate then in key 1 it should create your key.

Then you will have to go to manage connections on your pc/laptop and type this new key in.

I hope i helped you somewhat but it has been a long time since ive done this.

I've logged into the router and get the following options below. The one in ready is what it is set to. Also the Network Key shown on that screen is the same as what I've been putting in.:102:

Security Options
Disable
WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy)
WPA-PSK (Wi-Fi Protected Access Pre-Shared Key)
WPA-802.1x

I`m sure if it`s a wireless connection your trying to create it would be the WEP key option that you need.

The best thing to do is ring Sky helpline on 08442414141.

Why don`t you just use it via the ethernet cable or is it a laptop that you want to use around the house?

If this is the case then in the Netgear router settings you would have to click on wireless settings then go into WEP Security Encryption and where it says Passphrase type in a password in the empty box and click on generate then in key 1 it should create your key.

Then you will have to go to manage connections on your pc/laptop and type this new key in.

I hope i helped you somewhat but it has been a long time since ive done this.

:038:

Thanks very much it now works.

I originally just went on what the Sky Broadband manual advised and that said to choose WPA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669