Wireless network connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lboro fox

I have an odd problem with my network connection, when i access lcfc world to watch a vid, or when i tried to listen to radio 1 online the other day both my computers lose their network connection. I have to repair it to get it back. This makes leicester city world even more useless than usual!!

Any thoughts?

What OSs do you use?
Are both PCs wireless?
Where and what indicates that the PC has lost its connection?
Does it happen at any other times, is it just when streaming media?

What OSs do you use?
Are both PCs wireless?
Where and what indicates that the PC has lost its connection?
Does it happen at any other times, is it just when streaming media?

Both XP both wireless. The icon on the bar at the bottom changes to have a red cross through it, then the internet symbol disappears.

Both XP both wireless. The icon on the bar at the bottom changes to have a red cross through it, then the internet symbol disappears.

Does this only happen when streaming media from the BBC?

Do both PCs lose connection at the same time or is it one PC at a time?
If it's one PC at a time do they both lose connection based on the same set of circumstances? If so, what are the circumstances?

The DNS could be getting reset everytime he streams videos etc.

Have you tried to listen to Radio1 or something, see if the same happens.

Have you tried to listen to Radio1 or something, see if the same happens.

Never tried both at the same time. But it happens on lcfc world and radio 1. Always the same pattern.

What does that mean?

Is that like a Virtual, duplicated integrity underflow in the Non-Specific, dynamic proxy dereferencing, resignalled, nullified code resulting in a Non-Static, legacy encryption crashdump?

Last edited:
What does that mean?

Is that like a Virtual, duplicated integrity underflow in the Non-Specific, dynamic proxy dereferencing, resignalled, nullified code resulting in a Non-Static, legacy encryption crashdump?

Possibly. Is it MIME type related? Does this error only occur for video streams and audio streams or has it occurred when trying to access other applications? Is it PC, Router or further up the chain based? :102: :icon_conf

Possibly. Is it MIME type related? Does this error only occur for video streams and audio streams or has it occurred when trying to access other applications? Is it PC, Router or further up the chain based? :102: :icon_conf

Without understanding much of what has been said, it must be the router i think. Only on video and audio streams so far and it happens everytime.

Without understanding much of what has been said, it must be the router i think. Only on video and audio streams so far and it happens everytime.

Have you tried this with only one of the computers attached to your network?

How about if it is an LG one, Mr Overreaction?! :icon_bigg

I agree with him d-link are absolute wank. I have a 3com one and Im on my second but only because the last one got wrecked after a lightening storm. They can be a little complicated to set up for the beginner but I have to say on the whole it is very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669