Wireless Router Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lako42

For the last few weeks my wireless has been dropping out constantly (3 times a day roughly) I have changed security from WEP to Wpa2 as I understood that it could have an effect, I have also changed the Chanel a few times incase it was interference from other houses wireless.

Any ideas?, it's becoming quite annoying now.

For the last few weeks my wireless has been dropping out constantly (3 times a day roughly) I have changed security from WEP to Wpa2 as I understood that it could have an effect, I have also changed the Chanel a few times incase it was interference from other houses wireless.

Any ideas?, it's becoming quite annoying now.

You seem to be presuming that the problem is with the router. Have you tried it with more than one computer/console/other device, so that you can exclude a problem at the other end?

There are 3 laptops and occasionally a PS3 attached.

It's quite random but i'll try each one separately if I can keep people off their laptops.

Okay, so although this happens at other times also, I have noticed that whenever I use a torrent client and am downloading things it completely kills the internet connection within 15 minutes. It kills the connection overall so not only my laptop.

I have tried limiting the amount of bandwidth for torrents but it still does it, every time.

Last edited:
Okay, so although this happens at other times also, I have noticed that whenever I use a torrent client and am downloading things it completely kills the internet connection within 15 minutes. It kills the connection overall so not only my laptop.

I have tried limiting the amount of bandwidth for torrents but it still does it, every time.

Can you reduce the number of connections available to the torrent?

This doesn't seem to be exactly an uncommon problem. A google search will bring you lots of suggestions of remedies but not a one that worked for everybody.

Last edited:
Can you reduce the number of connections available to the torrent?

This doesn't seem to be exactly an uncommon problem. A google search will bring you lots of suggestions of remedies but not a one that worked for everybody.

Yea I've trawled through page after page looking, it's a real headache to be honest. Most people seem to suffer a slow down in connection speed for browsing etc but mine simply wipes the entire connection so no one can connect or browse, a few more frustrating days trying to find a sloution I think.

Yea I've trawled through page after page looking, it's a real headache to be honest. Most people seem to suffer a slow down in connection speed for browsing etc but mine simply wipes the entire connection so no one can connect or browse, a few more frustrating days trying to find a sloution I think.

Who is your isp?

I was under the the impression that if I used Encrypted files (or something) they would not be aware it was torrent.

Just looking and apparently they don't even throttle internet speed never mind block p2p ports.

Just looking and apparently they don't even throttle internet speed never mind block p2p ports.

P2P uses a different port to normal internet hence they can block it easily no matter what the file. It is also independent to speed. Is it their fibre optic cable broadband, or through your phone line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669