WMA to MP3 Format

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitcho_uk

Hi all,

I have tons of music on my computer and because I have been using Windows Media Player all of the files have been converted to wma format.

However I have bought a new car and the CD player will not play wma format only mp3. I do not want to have two versions of the same file on my computer so my question is, can windows media player play and keep the files in mp3 (when i sync to my mp3 player it turns them to wma) or is there a different program that you would recommend?

Hi all,

I have tons of music on my computer and because I have been using Windows Media Player all of the files have been converted to wma format.

However I have bought a new car and the CD player will not play wma format only mp3. I do not want to have two versions of the same file on my computer so my question is, can windows media player play and keep the files in mp3 (when i sync to my mp3 player it turns them to wma) or is there a different program that you would recommend?

I think Windows Media Player has an option somewhere to select what format your cds are stored in, the default being WMA. You can use an application like dB PowerAMP to convert the exisitng songs or WMP might do it , not sure.

Hi all,

Next time you rip a disc to your hard drive, make sure you have the options set to "rip as mp3", this will avoid this problem in the future. WMP plays mp3s

With WMP, I think you need to have a third party MP3 decoder installed in order to rip to MP3.

With WMP, I think you need to have a third party MP3 decoder installed in order to rip to MP3.
I'm sure you don't. Just open WMP, go to options, select "Rip Music" and choose mp3 format from the drop down list.

I only bought a new pc last week and haven't installed anything for media player and I have the option, so unless the pc updates something without me knowing, then I don't think you do need to install anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669