Wolves match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graz

Come on you mighty foxes!

Steal it now! Go on Humey! Go on Hammond! Go on any Leicester player! Or any Wolves player who wants to score an own goal! Someone! Anyone!

highland fox

Hardly the most exciting of matches but all in all a good point.

Orifice

Ah well, didn't lose :)

Still 15th :icon_conf

Steven

FT 0-0. The 4-5-1 tactic worked, :rolleyes: 46 points at the end of the season is close to relegation form. :icon_sad:

Graz

Full time...

Would've taken a draw beforehand, but I just felt we should've pushed forward a bit more to try and score.

Happy enough with that, I'd expected us to get a stuffing. We do need to start winning games though. Dull game to listen to.

PFKAKTF FOX

Nil - Nil away at Molineux is a good result, whatever the circumstances, these are the type of games where we do need to grind out results and I think this is a result to build on and 4 points out of 3 games, which include 2 away matches isnt a bad return especially considering that we were missing a number of players like Tiatto, Williams and Gerrbrand.

Leigh

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Nil - Nil away at Molineux is a good result, whatever the circumstances, these are the type of games where we do need to grind out results and I think this is a result to build on and 4 points out of 3 games, which include 2 away matches isnt a bad return especially considering that we were missing a number of players like Tiatto, Williams and Gerrbrand.

Are we missing Williams or has he been dropped..?

PFKAKTF FOX

Leigh said:
Are we missing Williams or has he been dropped..?

Whatever the circumstances for his absence, it is still another player to come back, and is a player you would expect to feature in the 16.

Leigh

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Whatever the circumstances for his absence, it is still another player to come back, and is a player you would expect to feature in the 16.

I only want to see him on the bench when Hughes is fit though..

MKFox

glyn said:
three games in 9 days after a long lay-off was probably a tough ask. Probably be rested for the cup match
It is shocking but you're right.
A pro athlete playing 4 hours football (a team of 11) in a week. And he's tired.
Honestly....

Leigh

A little bit of sarcasm there I know, but I for one am very surprised Hughes has played for the majority of the three matches after no reserve games and basically becoming fit a few days before the Sheff Wed game.

Levein has just said on the radio that we'll have a strong squad for Blackpool.

Hazzman

On the question of Football players fitness, what about an English cricketer hey? Spends 4-6 hours a day, if a bowler running in for 2 of them and if a batsman facing 96 mph balls plus trying to run 32 yards with an extra stone on your back.

5 Days In A Row Aswell.

Now for cyclists fitness.....

fcukcov

The 451 meant we were always playing for the draw. We could of got forward at several points but instead sat back. They were told to play for the draw and that is what they did. So in that way today was a success. Before the game I would have taken a draw. However it does wind me up that we feel the need to play games like that.

On the flip side Wolves didnt look that good. Dont see them as top 3 (which many people were tipping them to do) on that performance.

I thought we did ok in that we were going for the draw. Douglas was fairly good today and made a coupl of good saves. Sylla played a lot better than he has recently. He got stuck in more, but at times his first touch still let him down. Hume looked exciting without ever really truely threatening.

There were times when even though we had 5 in midfield Wolves managed to find space in the middle of the park. Which was a bit worrying. Joey had a reasonable game agian today. McCarthys mistake to give away a corner was a shocker. That should be "meat and drink" to a central defender at this level.

Overall, its probably an improvment over some recent performances but we still have a way to go.

over and out.;)

Ox Fox

Just back from Wolves and must say that was the dullest match I've seen since Reading away last season.

It was clear that neither team would risk anything so it was very very stale. No-one on either side played that well and no-one played that badly, yawn. However Kisnorbo looked very poor and I'm worried that what I heard in Edinburgh about him is correct.

Zero Zero was exactly the right result today.

How many different back fours permutations can we have this season?

fcukcov

agree with u on kisnorbo.

Fox Fan

Ox Fox said:
Just back from Wolves and must say that was the dullest match I've seen since Reading away last season.

It was clear that neither team would risk anything so it was very very stale. No-one on either side played that well and no-one played that badly, yawn. However Kisnorbo looked very poor and I'm worried that what I heard in Edinburgh about him is correct.

Zero Zero was exactly the right result today.

How many different back fours permutations can we have this season?

Agreed, seems stupid on CL's part though, a point really isnt a lot of use to us at this stage of the season, seemed more sensiable to go all out for it in the last 15mins rather than stick with the one upfront. Also if Hughes isn't fit enough to play in midfeild on his own hes not fit enough to play at all! He looked well off the pace today.

Very annoyed after yet another 'nothing' performance! And we seem to of gone back to the long ball game. God what a waste of a game today was - and the atmosphere was crap too!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Foxes_Trust

Well sorry to all those listeners today who thought the commentators sounded dull.... it was basically because it was a very dull game.

Few chances, no flair ups or nasty tackles - there was very little to describe.

To commentate as though every attack was fast flowing football would have given the wrong impression.

CL got what he set out to do, gain a point. We looked a tight unit, but very little flair.

The comment to highlight we were wearing blue was because when the Trust did the survey on the kit, we had so many replies saying 'Why don't we wear blue for away games anymore when there is no colour clash' We give these comments to the club.

maffyou

Hazzman said:
On the question of Football players fitness, what about an English cricketer hey? Spends 4-6 hours a day, if a bowler running in for 2 of them and if a batsman facing 96 mph balls plus trying to run 32 yards with an extra stone on your back.

5 Days In A Row Aswell.

Now for cyclists fitness.....

you serious? Shane Warne plays cricket and he's fatter than Pressman!

Redditch Fox

PFKAKTF FOX said:

Unfortunately you are right.

However, whilst I originally thought this was a difficult looking game, in the end, Wolves were more weakened than ourselves and if we had any sort of form and confidence it would have been an opportunity to go for three points.

Much depends on what happens next - as Steven an mentioned - 1 point a game just about gets you relegated and to be honest the tactics adopted yesterday are those of a side with low ambitions in mind. Obviously, CL had to tighten up the defence but things really need a bit of a kick on now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669