Wolves on the Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
See this from the BBC:

Wolves' multi-millionaire owner Sir Jack Hayward has reduced his asking price for the club from £40m to £20m.

The 83-year-old told the club's website: "I have always said that if someone comes in with some money we would be prepared to sell.

"Originally we asked for £40m but maybe now we would sell if someone came in with £20m to invest in the club.

"If they could promise that investment for team strengthening, we would be prepared to listen."

The move comes after former Portsmouth owner Milan Mandaric was given the green light to bid for Leicester, effectively ending any interest he had in taking over at Molineux.

But Hayward said: "If Milan Mandaric would like to talk to me I would like to talk to him."

In the meantime, Hayward, who responded to criticism that he had lost interest in the club by claiming it "is still my baby", also promised funds for manager Mick McCarthy.

"I think Mick McCarthy is doing a wonderful job and I am prepared to back him in the January transfer window," said Hayward.

Does this worry anyone else, it sounds like Hayward knows what he's doing, the timing is not exactly great.

It worries me, MM will be thinking to himself that Wolves appear genuinely interested in working with him, whilst we think that he is going to kill all of our children on matchdays.

We could still feck this up because of our dustrust of MM

the rumour was originally that wolves were going to offer MM the club for free. £20m for wolves when you can have leicester city for pocket money is a pretty shit offer IMO

i remember Wolves chairman, Jack Haywood said he and MM were friends but wasnt he linked with them before, but MM said they was no truth in it?? Also didnt Haywood say he would give Wolves away for free if someone was to invest money in wolves.. now he wants 20 million :102:

Besides MM sounds really positive about buying us wouldn't of thought this is anything to worry about.

the rumour was originally that wolves were going to offer MM the club for free. £20m for wolves when you can have leicester city for pocket money is a pretty shit offer IMO

damn you beat me in typing that by seconds :081:

he is giving the club away, he said he would be happy to give it to anyone who would invest £20mil into the team.

"Originally we asked for £40m but maybe now we would sell if someone came in with £20m to invest in the club.

"If they could promise that investment for team strengthening, we would be prepared to listen."

Last edited:
well hopefully milan asks jack hayward to shut his legs and declines as he is already engaged to leicester

wolves, the prostitutes of the championship

go and sell your club away from our patch, you desperate unprofessional feckers

jack haywards got a stall at the city car boot sale, free club with any half-inched tv........god i hate the bloke now

Doesn't Hayward want investment instead of loans like we're (probably) getting with MM?

jack haywards got a stall at the city car boot sale, free club with any half-inched tv........god i hate the bloke now

isn't this what some people suggested our shareholders should do?

if jack took £10mil??? of that money only 10 would be left for the squad, surely this shows he loves the club, and is not trying to make money out of it

isn't this what some people suggested our shareholders should do?

not exactly. his timing is quite embarassing and desperate. i think its ridiculous to suggest shareholders just hand the club over to someone at a loss for him to make a stinking profit. when it looks like city are getting things sorted with mandy mr hayward comes in with the clubs legs wide open to prise him away.

Typical of the horrible club that Wolves are. Every visit to their "state of the art premiership class" cackhole of a ground reinforces how much they get up my nose. Large numbers of arsehole fans who think they are one step away from being Real Madrid and a significant number of dingle brained tosspots prepared to attack anyone who doesn't speak in their whining black country accent (including children who get in the weay) whilst the charming local constabulary turn a blind eye to the regular ambushing of fans. Now the sad w*n%er that owns them tries to derail our takeover by releasing crap to the press. Feckwits !

You may be able to tell that I don't particularly like them.

I think the key phrase here is,

"we would sell if someone came in with £20m to invest in the club."

This suggests to me that Hayward is looking for someone to put cash into the club rather than loans. I don't think MM is willing to commit this much cash.

Typical of the horrible club that Wolves are. Every visit to their "state of the art premiership class" cackhole of a ground reinforces how much they get up my nose. Large numbers of arsehole fans who think they are one step away from being Real Madrid and a significant number of dingle brained tosspots prepared to attack anyone who doesn't speak in their whining black country accent (including children who get in the weay) whilst the charming local constabulary turn a blind eye to the regular ambushing of fans. Now the sad w*n%er that owns them tries to derail our takeover by releasing crap to the press. Feckwits !

You may be able to tell that I don't particularly like them.
:icon_lol: The key phrase there was "dingle brained tossposts"! Top quality, Mighty Fox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669