Wolves player ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were utter rubbish to be honest, how we won the game is a complete mystery although Wolves were very poor.

Top of the mediocrity stakes were once again a non-existant central midfield, Tiatto begging to be booked when totally unnessary and Maybury letting the winger drift past him at any opportunity.

Having said that it was a very welcome victory, Bernie was back and on top form plus two goals from the only two shots on target is pretty special.

Henderson 3 - Is he mute?
Maybury 2 - Walk On By must be his favourite song
Kisnorbo 4 - got exposed on more than oone occassion, still can't kick a ball
McAuley 5 - terrific header of the ball, looks composed
Stearman 2 - Kisnorbo seems to be coaching him in passing at the mo
Tiatto 3 - thinks he is playing Aussie rules
Porter 5 - energetic but drifted out of the game for long spells
Williams 2 - passing ok, free kick and corners utter, utter shite
Hughes 1 - waste of a shirt again
Hume 5 - works hard, agressive, tries but gets little service
Hammond 4 - took goal well, plays like he's got prosthetic feet

Wesolowski 3 - looked a real prospect but now looks totally unsharp
Low 3 - didn't do much really

Brilliant Ox, I didn't see the game, nor did I listen to it.

I thought all of the above ratings were over generous just based on our previous games. Glad to see a bit of realism. I heard one report during the game from SSN saying it was the dullest midlands derby ever.

We were utter rubbish to be honest, how we won the game is a complete mystery although Wolves were very poor.

Top of the mediocrity stakes were once again a non-existant central midfield, Tiatto begging to be booked when totally unnessary and Maybury letting the winger drift past him at any opportunity.

Having said that it was a very welcome victory, Bernie was back and on top form plus two goals from the only two shots on target is pretty special.

Henderson 3 - Is he mute?
Maybury 2 - Walk On By must be his favourite song
Kisnorbo 4 - got exposed on more than oone occassion, still can't kick a ball
McAuley 5 - terrific header of the ball, looks composed
Stearman 2 - Kisnorbo seems to be coaching him in passing at the mo
Tiatto 3 - thinks he is playing Aussie rules
Porter 5 - energetic but drifted out of the game for long spells
Williams 2 - passing ok, free kick and corners utter, utter shite
Hughes 1 - waste of a shirt again
Hume 5 - works hard, agressive, tries but gets little service
Hammond 4 - took goal well, plays like he's got prosthetic feet

Wesolowski 3 - looked a real prospect but now looks totally unsharp
Low 3 - didn't do much really
to be honest i agree with you we didn't play and i too was amazed that we won but i think your ratings are overly harsh-stearman in no way deserved a 2 i thought he was one of our better players and made planety of important tackles in the second half, and williams got stuck in a lot more then usual yesterday- i do feel porter did little in the game but score the goal and elvis was our only major threat (Just a shame he can't stay onside), and personally i thought kisnorbo looked solid-hes not trying to make passes when he's hooving it out the box and i feel he was only exposed because our central midfield offered him little protection-if our defence was so bad why did they only concede a single goal? yes wolves missed plenty of chances but we stopped plenty too.

Henderson 7
Maybury 7
Kisnorbo 8
McAuley 8
Stearman 7
Tiatto 7
Porter 8
Williams 8
Hughes 6
Hume 7
Hammond 8 MOTM

Wesolowski 7
Low n/a

Henderson 6 - can't kick unfortunately
Maybury 3 first half ,7 second half -one great tackle/block to deny a goal in the second half
Kisnorbo 6
McAuley 8 - very comfortable on the ball. Must play next week, much better than Paddy Mac at the moment
Strearman 6 - much better playing in his proper position
Tiatto 5 - got stuck in, but his passing was woeful
Porter 7 - good goal, and worked really hard, sometimes turning up at left and right back
Williams 3 - and the three was for managing to tie his laces up. Did not win one tackle, and dead ball delivery was pants
Hughes 6 - again played out of position on the right, but worked his socks off
Hume 6 - no lack of effort, suffered from a lack of good service
Hammond 7 - good finish for his goal ( never thought I would ever write that! ) and good pass to Porter for his goal.

Last edited:

That's the Championship all over, and why we shouldn't get too excited about one win or too despondent about a defeat. The Sheep are second for fecks sake :icon_eek:

I never, ever, bet on Championship matches.

Wesolowski did very well when he came on. Low, in his 7 minutes on the pitch, could have gifted Wolves with a goal. :icon_roll

Sorry, but i couldn't disagree more. Wesolowski was completely rubbbish when he came on. He lost the ball on a number of occasions because he wanted too long. I actually think it was right to bring him off - but why the hell was he on in the first place! He didn't look fit or sharp atall. Completely different from what we've come to expect.

Last edited:
Sorry, but i couldn't disagree more. Wesolowski was completely rubbbish when he came on. He lost the ball on a number of occasions because he wanted too long. I actually think it was right to bring him off - but why the hell was he on in the first place! He didn't look fit or sharp atall. Completely different from what we've come to expect.

Fair play

Henderson 6 - can't kick unfortunately

Whats that based on? The one where he kicked it to Hume who ficked it onto Elvis? Don't know what you were watching but I didn't see one bad kick....and I was looking.

If anything it was better than having Logan in because he encourages 'hoof' too much and thats when we lose matches. Also all this about Hendo being 'mute' is bollocks...ok he's not the loudest, but have you heard Logan say a word during the last 4-5 games? I havent't.

I'm glad he was put back in to be honest. It seemed unfair that logan got his place after a decent performance against Hereford, but when Hendo keeps us in a match against an unbeatern, near full strength and premeiership-Aston Villa, he is invited to take his place back on the bench.

According to Geoff Peters who was reporting for Talksport, it was a very dull game between two very poor sides, and that from a supposed City fan speaks volumes.

According to Geoff Peters who was reporting for Talksport, it was a very dull game between two very poor sides, and that from a supposed City fan speaks volumes.

He is, however, a complete wanker.......

any comments on williams or the midfield in general would be appreciated. how did they do?

Not the biggest fan of Williams, but I thought he did pretty well on Saturday. His work rate and running was more impressive than usual too. Having Tiatto in there with him seemed to give him the chance/time to exert more of his influence on things - they looked useful as a central-midfield combo, hopefully injuries/tactics will allow them more opportunities together.

On the down side tho, I just wish he could produce that level of performance week-in, week-out.....but I suppose if he could, he'd be playing in the Prem anyway!

He was correct. It was a shite match, shite atmosphere. But it's the result that counts!!

For those interested, the pies were top notch at Wolves. And so was the female police officer outside the ground who I said 'was alright' and she apparently heard. :icon_redf

to be honest i agree with you we didn't play and i too was amazed that we won but i think your ratings are overly harsh-stearman in no way deserved a 2 i thought he was one of our better players and made planety of important tackles in the second half, and williams got stuck in a lot more then usual yesterday- i do feel porter did little in the game but score the goal and elvis was our only major threat (Just a shame he can't stay onside), and personally i thought kisnorbo looked solid-hes not trying to make passes when he's hooving it out the box and i feel he was only exposed because our central midfield offered him little protection-if our defence was so bad why did they only concede a single goal? yes wolves missed plenty of chances but we stopped plenty too.

No he deserved les than that, he doesn't hold his position which meant that McAuley/Hughes spent most of their time covering him, he also can't pass and can't tackle, Stearman was a prospect 2 years ago but he's failing to progress and I'd have him sold asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669