Women's Euro 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm more than happy to spend another 90 minutes ogling Rachel Unitt again.

To be honest I thought the standard was ok, but nothing special. Kelly Smith was head and shoulders above the rest of the the England team, the majority of whom looked slower than Lawrie Madden.

Football is a game of haves and have nots. The FA control the having, and all of us, the spectators, pay the wages of those footballing genius men who stick class A drugs up their noses, beat up passing Asians and their partners, do deals under the counter with other clubs, and have roasting orgies, and are still acceptable.

At the other end of the spectrum are gifted creative footballing women, who aren't allowed to play the game with men once they pass puberty, who can't pay professional football because there isn't any for women, and who are therefore denied a career structure for their amazing talents.

I don't agree with those couple of paragraphs though, its only a very small minority of footballers that do bring shame on the rest. Having said that i'm sure there are a small minority of journo's/writers that do the same but because they aren't household names no one bothers to publish the sordid details - ditto for every other profession in the world.

Also, if you are insinuating that women should be able to play with men then i'd be interested to see if you think women should compete with men in all sports. I don't see it happening for political, economic and historical reasons.

Final point on the FA denying women a professional league, I think it would be wise to look over at the USA and see the collapse that occurred over there. Simply there isn't enough interest in Womens football to support the notion of a professional league in the US, let alone here in the UK where womens sport is at a far lower level in terms of quality and interest.

Dunc said:
Also, if you are insinuating that women should be able to play with men then i'd be interested to see if you think women should compete with men in all sports. I don't see it happening for political, economic and historical reasons.

Final point on the FA denying women a professional league, I think it would be wise to look over at the USA and see the collapse that occurred over there. Simply there isn't enough interest in Womens football to support the notion of a professional league in the US, let alone here in the UK where womens sport is at a far lower level in terms of quality and interest.

I believe that team sport should be gender-blind and work only on merit - ie that rules and laws should be removed. If some team wants to play a woman, what's the problem, in whatever sport? Why do school teams have to drop girls once the girls reach 13? The guy who interviewed me from femalesoccer.net told me that the best player on their school team was a girl. When she had to go (FA rules), the team collapsed.
Perugia recently was after a Swedish woman central defender, and in Italy it's OK, because they don't have daft rules in football. However, the woman in question didn't want to play for them.
As for the USA league collapsing, that's because the USA is a capitalist-driven society, and there weren't the profits in the woman's game in terms of spectatorship. There maybe never will be - although Italy doesn't have a problem. They get good profits from spectators of women's football. Here it's mostly a participant sport.
The standard in England wasn't always low. When the Dick, Kerr's Ladies toured the USA in 1922, playing against the best championship (men's) teams on the Eastern seaboard, they lost 3, drew 3, and won 3. I think that this current England side would beat men's amateur teams, and most below the fizzies, and some in it.
It's so easy to fall back on what's always been (as far as you know, which may be limited by experience) and not to think laterally. The FA denied women a chance to play in 1921. What if they hadn't? Would football have been different?
But the thing that keeps intelligent people accessing their brain cells is that they think 'what if?' and never bequeathe their minds to arbitrary beliefs on race, class, creed, gender, 'dis'ability, sexuality, neurodiversity, or joy.
Joy is the keyword. Joy means no rules. It means celebration and acceptance and whatever floats your boat, as long as it's not hurtful.
Women's football has given women stardom in the past. Hey, it could happen again. Who knows? But please give it a chance, eh?
Keep minds and orifices open is my motto.
It sort of works, except when you have salmonella poisoning, and then Immodium Plus is a godsend. Oh and so are condoms........ :-D

the passing was very good and had a fluidity to it the only difference to the mens game being you actually had acres to pass into as apart from the penalty areas nobody closes down/tackles :roll:

Saw the second half of the monkey tennis last night

Very impressed by our number three, for some reason.............

i didnt.... but am i right in thinking she had large pectorial embelishments?

What horrible people you are

I just thought she looked particularly talented and had a lot to offer

Here she is stood next to John Terry

You'll see that she is very talented

_40956413_terry.jpg

yes she could have plenty in her locker ................such as shampoo hair conditioner,cotton buds,nail polish, make up bag,keys with a whole bunch of novelty key rings, pen with fluffy gonk on the end,pink pencil case, and a picture of a kitten.

If you'd seen one or two of the other players, you'd understand........

Believe me, some of them make John Terry look attractive.....

Mind you, Highland would think John Terry is more attractive than any woman :?

i actually had 50 quid with myself that would be your next post on this thread :D

lazzer said:
i actually had 50 quid with myself that would be your next post on this thread :D

You really have got no friends at all, have you ?

lazzer said:
ah well at least lazzer can't lose his money that way-he gets to keep the 50 quid whatever the result was-better then getting a dodgy tip on the gee gees :roll:

yeah drummin too right better than a tip for dodgy kong from donkey kong :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670