Women's EURO 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from St Mary's after the England game.

Cracking first half, very determined N.Ireland defence. Second half got away a bit when there was no way back for them.

But really good England performance. The team looks quality - different nations are at different levels of progress with the women's game but the England team really has some quality players and is playing exciting, free flowing attacking football in this tournament so far.

There's so much more pace than watching top level men's football lately, and it's exciting to watch.

Great atmosphere too! Enjoyed it a lot

Just got back from St Mary's after the England game.

Cracking first half, very determined N.Ireland defence. Second half got away a bit when there was no way back for them.

But really good England performance. The team looks quality - different nations are at different levels of progress with the women's game but the England team really has some quality players and is playing exciting, free flowing attacking football in this tournament so far.

There's so much more pace than watching top level men's football lately, and it's exciting to watch.

Great atmosphere too! Enjoyed it a lot
Only watched the first half but England’s right winger (Hemp?) was impressive.

Only watched the first half but England’s right winger (Hemp?) was impressive.

Depends when you were watching. The wingers switched sides midway through the first half. I think Hemp started on the right and Mead on the left - Mead seems the better player from what I've seen so far, so mightve been her

I'm watching this one. Never had any interest in the women's game generally (daughter loves football but only watches men's game) but the baby loves watching football. Weird realisation that I want England to win more than I would if it's the men's team. There's no hating players because of their domestic team and cheating antics vs us for example.

Tough game this so far.

This is the big test for England. Win this and they should hopefully at least make it to the final, but Spain look tough to break down at the minute. Think half time came at a bad moment for England as looked like they were starting to find space

Where's the pissing about at the back? It'll never catch on as entertainment without passing sideways endlessly.

Annoyingly it was pointed out at half time that pissing about at the back is our weak point. So we're not doing it because we're shit at it, rather than it just being shit. Is this true?

Ahhh shit. Bad defending by Daly, needed to be stronger, she over committed

Greenwood should be playing there imo.

Those subs seem like very bold choices, to say the least

Mead has been our best player so far in the tournament. Russo has done well as a sub so far but when England have already been ahead...

Risky!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670