Women's EURO 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the 56 years of hurt really be classed as being ended if the women win today? Really?

Tbh, I question it too.

I'm not sure I agree with comparisons or record-sharing between the men's and women's games.

Similarly Ellen White is a goal or two away from being England's all time top scorer. But it doesn't feel like it relates to the records in the men's game in a comparable way.

I think it's better to treat them as their own individual sports.

But, it would still be brilliant to see an England team win a major trophy! And it would still be a first England trophy in my lifetime

Tbh, I question it too.

I'm not sure I agree with comparisons or record-sharing between the men's and women's games.

Similarly Ellen White is a goal or two away from being England's all time top scorer. But it doesn't feel like it relates to the records in the men's game in a comparable way.

But, it would still be brilliant to see an England team win a major trophy! And it would still be a first England trophy in my lifetime
Agree with that Graz. We really need to stop comparing or lumping together the two, but, to be fair it is difficult to not draw comparisons.

Tbh, I question it too.

Completely agree.

My EURO final weekend also got started by getting up close to more silverware than most Spurs fans will see in their lifetime :007:

PXL_20220729_174649279~2.jpg

So 11 years of “hurt” for you then?
England isn't a nation that wins titles. Most of us watching haven't seen a senior team win anything. This tournament also feels like a turning point with many new fans beginning to have an emotional connection to the team. Do you not think seeing England win the Euros and lift the trophy in a packed Wembley would undo at least some of that heartbreak? Your negativity about everything is depressing.

I think that's a good way of putting it.

Winning this undoes some of the heartbreak for a generation of football fans that have never seen England win anything, after years of disappointment.

That's why winning this would be so huge for Women's football. If we won stuff all the time (like the Germans) this would probably feel far less significant.

Do you not think seeing England win the Euros and lift the trophy in a packed Wembley would undo at least some of that heartbreak?
No more for me than the England Cricket team or Rugby team winning a trophy.

I’m happy for you that you see it differently,

If you think he's negative, I want Germany to batter them to shut the fecking noise up about it all. It's doing my head in.
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. You can always change the radio station or switch the tv off.

Ignore the game if you prefer and go out, it's a nice day.

I've never cared about international football and couldn't give a shit if any England team never won anything ever, I got given 2x free tickets to the women's final from my Brothers company as nobody wanted them I gave them to a neighbour who is taking his Daughter.

Some proper miserable ****s crawling out of the woodwork today. Go and do something manly like knock up some drywall, get pissed with the 'lads, lads, lads' or have a scrap in a Wetherspoons.

The rest of us will enjoy the final of what has been a brilliantly entertaining spectacle of football.

I’m definitely going to watch it, it’s been great so far and very entertaining

But if you think winning this has anything to do with rectifying the fifty odd years of hurt thing, as the ****wit media are trying to portray, then you really are a complete ****ing idiot

I’m watching and will enjoy it. I think the game is getting better and it’s nice to watch professional footballers who look like they are actually enjoying themselves.

Why we have to have a pop concert before the match though, I have no idea. Feels like such an Americanisation.

I’m watching and will enjoy it. I think the game is getting better and it’s nice to watch professional footballers who look like they are actually enjoying themselves.

Why we have to have a pop concert before the match though, I have no idea. Feels like such an Americanisation.
There's loads of kids there who enjoyed every single minute of that concert. I didn't watch it but I don't think making the spectacle more appealing to more people is a bad thing. If anything we could learn a few things from American sport, especially the value for money a lot of their events give to fans. Compared to what I pay for my ST for 100 minutes now and then of sitting near a bunch of people who, incredibly, are bigger ****s than me, some US sports provide astounding value for fans.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. You can always change the radio station or switch the tv off.

That's the thing though, you can't like football and ignore it. Whenever you're reading/listening/watching something football related, there is an attempt to merge conversation about women's football into conversation about men's football.

I honestly don't have a problem with women's football except that it is extremely annoying to be force fed it when it is of absolutely no interest to me. To me, it's like interrupting something about football with fifteen minutes discussing showjumping and then going back to the football.

By all means, have separate programmes, articles, etc. and go on about it as much as you like. I can avoid that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669