Working hard on the training ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

Good propaganda piece. ;)

OS said:
Tough Talk

The Leicester City squad were put through their paces on Thursday morning ahead of this weekend's Midlands derby against Wolves.

The Foxes go into the game on the back of a 1-0 defeat at the hands of Cardiff City at Ninian Park on Tuesday night - with a set piece again Leicester's downfall.

That result leaves City without an away win in the league since last December.

But Levein is confident that his side can turn around that statistic at the weekend following soon tough words on the training ground.

He said: "There have been too many games this season in which we have ended up chasing the opposition. It is difficult to win matches when you go behind so early on and that is something that we need to stamp out.

"We have had a long meeting with regard to set pieces because it was another set piece that we lost a goal to at Cardiff, although this time it was a different player who made the mistake.

"We had one or two frank exchanges. We have now got to work on it and make sure it doesn't happen again.

"A lot of things we need to keep doing exactly the same as we are already, but we need to stamp out making individual errors at crucial times of the match. That has to be collective because it is not just the one player who has made the mistake on the occasion, it's been various different players.

"Even if we could cut the amount of goals that we concede from set pieces in half it would have made a huge difference to our results so far this season. It is something that we will be concentrating on very hard.

"If we can get in front and give ourselves the opportunity to sit on a lead, as we have proven so far this season, it is most likely that we will win."

Levein was also keen to point out that although his side had picked up just two points on their travels so far this campaign, it wasn't a fair reflection of their performances on the pitch.

He added: "When you put together all the statistics over the season so far then you will find that we have had more possession, more shots on goal and more shots on target than every team that we have played away from home. But we have not picked up as many points as we would have liked.

"This comes back to the same position that I have talked about previously - If you go behind in matches then you make it difficult for yourself."

Source

The only way anyone is going to be convinced is if they start putting the stuff they do on the training ground onto the football pitch! We win some games, bang, im convinced.

Untill then im still going to stick to "Actions speak louder than words"

drummindefender said:
is anyone convinced by this bullshit they keep piling out :102:

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Fox Fan said:
The only way anyone is going to be convinced is if they start putting the stuff they do on the training ground onto the football pitch! We win some games, bang, im convinced.

Untill then im still going to stick to "Actions speak louder than words"

I hadn't realised that we haven't had a league away win since December 2004.

This is difficult to stomach given the patchy quality in this division.

We've now had a pre-season (very, very unconvincing -but not that important) and 9 competitive matches...... and we are not yet going anywhere.

Of course, its quite difficult to be precise in comparing the respective standards of the SPL with our league - except that we can assume that there is quite a difference in the competitiveness amongst the clubs outside the old firm.

Redditch Fox said:
I hadn't realised that we haven't had a league away win since December 2004.

This is difficult to stomach given the patchy quality in this division.

We've now had a pre-season (very, very unconvincing -but not that important) and 9 competitive matches...... and we are not yet going anywhere.

Of course, its quite difficult to be precise in comparing the respective standards of the SPL with our league - except that we can assume that there is quite a difference in the competitiveness amongst the clubs outside the old firm.

and it would seem Hearts this season.

As DD said the Club keep churning out this shite about this working hard on the training ground. I dont care if we play shite but as along as 1-0 win happens, it will do me fine.

Maybe this LCFC's improved website service.

Come on Hazzmsan, I bet you would mind if we went back to the awful hoofball, even if we won occasionally. The problem now is the time it takes to change into a footballing side. I'm anxious for a few wins too but we have to be a bit more patient.
I agree with you about the rubbish statements coming from the club though. Now that really gets me annoyed.

all the bullshit about 'were working extra hard on the training ground' simply reminds me of the MA era when things were going wrong. not something i like to be reminded of as it seriously pissed me off when MA said it after every game.

And why are they not working at maximum efforts on the training ground already?

i fully understand what everone is saying but they have got to write about something on the OS and i for one would rather here "we are working hard" than "training? nah we just sit around talking about cars and girls"

escos66 said:
i fully understand what everone is saying but they have got to write about something on the OS and i for one would rather here "we are working hard" than "training? nah we just sit around talking about cars and girls"
I dunno Id like to do that kind of training. might me we dont lose 14-1 this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669