World Cup 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
PFKAKTF FOX said:
I think it's called Space Cake, and somebody at FIFA has eaten plenty...alledgedly of course.
I did mean as a football team. There is no doubting that as a country they would probably be in my top ten.

fcukcov said:
I did mean as a football team. There is no doubting that as a country they would probably be in my top ten.

I agree, the rankings are a mockery, as a previous posted stated USA and Mexico in the top ten, it is a farce.

France at 6 and USA at 7 is a complete joke.

I actually think england will win the World Cup next year

*Covers head in anticipation of large abuse*

:eek: youre having a giraffe!?!?!? :icon_eek: :icon_lol: as for the u s of a ranked 7th....:102: :icon_eek:

DurhamFox said:
France at 6 and USA at 7 is a complete joke.

I actually think england will win the World Cup next year

*Covers head in anticipation of large abuse*
im having a tenner on it duzzer.

i think it is worked out by how many games you win in your continent or something stupid like that..

joe501 said:
i think it is worked out by how many games you win in your continent or something stupid like that..
yeh thats the problem. The U s of a's biggest competition are Canada and trindad and tobago.

I believe its worked out by how many matches you actually win,including friendlies.Therefore the likes of USA,Mexico are going to be up there because not only do they play weak opponents in their World Cup qualifiers,most of their friendlies are against weaker nations.I can't remember but didn't an England virtual 3rd team beat the States in the summer?.As far as winning the World Cup goes IMO a European nation have their best chance for sometime and if pushed I'd go for Holland at the moment and possibly the Czechs although their side may well be a bit 'over the hill' now.

The dutch have a very good attacking side. Defensively though i dont know a lot about them. Certainly a young team.

Watched Brazil stuff Chile a couple of weeks ago, and have to say its going to take something special to beat them in the World cup. They have pace, power, and endless amounts of skill. Looked awesome to me on this display. England to win the world cup, uh spin me another one.

I think the Germans are a good each way bet to reach the final. The hosts always do well in the World Cup and u know how spawny the Germans can be.

Does nobody fancy the Greece? after all they are the current Euro 2004 Winners!! :102:

Willlow said:
Does nobody fancy the Greece? after all they are the current Euro 2004 Winners!
Not this time Will!

Brauny Blue said:
Watched Brazil stuff Chile a couple of weeks ago, and have to say its going to take something special to beat them in the World cup. They have pace, power, and endless amounts of skill. Looked awesome to me on this display. England to win the world cup, uh spin me another one.
well done on the 1k at last;) :icon_lol: :038: :038: :038: :038:

Brauny Blue said:
How do FIFA make up these world rankings?

1 Brazil.
2 Holland.
3 Argentina.
4 Czech rep.
5 Mexico.
6 France.
7 USA.
8 Spain.
9 Portugal
10 Sweden.
11 England.

Mexico-5th :icon_eek: . USA-7th:icon_eek: .
something to do with the amount of qualifiers and friendlies won and then the main tournaments-meaning mexico and usa have an unfair advantage

If we meet Brazil (assuming we both win our groups), will it be the Semi final or the final?

Willlow said:
Does nobody fancy the Greece? after all they are the current Euro 2004 Winners!! :102:

Any price you want.......they haven't qualified.

rooney and henry both 16/1 top scorer next summer.
Lampard at 66/1, owen 12's

MKFox said:
rooney and henry both 16/1 top scorer next summer.
Lampard at 66/1, owen 12's
didnt realise he had taken up football since laying down his horn for the last time.

fcukcov said:
didnt realise he had taken up football since laying down his horn for the last time.
I know, i was thinking at least 5,000,000/1 but hey, what do I know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669