World Cup Bid 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
when is the first round of votes?

I
Sounds like Russia had a good presentation, and their point about Easten Europe never having had a World Cup is a good one... but there's a reason for that!

having been to russia to watch football, i can honestly say i wouldnt go for this tournament. I saw Lads being chased down the streets with hockey sticks, completely covered up by their media (hardly a shock). Most xenophobic country ive been to.

the only reason to go back to russia would be the honeys> yowzaa:icon_bigg

Last edited:
when is the first round of votes?

The whole farce will be over by three o'clock, so they're probably doing the first vote right now, after they've had a nice free dinna

diana

The whole farce will be over by three o'clock, so they're probably doing the first vote right now, after they've had a nice free dinna

do we get results of each vote?

do we get results of each vote?

BBC sports news correspondent James Pearce on Twitter: "If Fifa stick to their word and keep the numbers for each round of voting secret then this process will be less transparent than ever. In the past Fifa have released the voting numbers for each round."

having been to russia to watch football, i can honestly say i wouldnt go for this tournament. I saw Lads being chased down the streets with hockey sticks, completely covered up by their media (hardly a shock). Most xenophobic country ive been to.

Bloke as I was talking to this morning mentioned similar when watching England over there.

Russia's such a lovely country...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/dec/01/wikileaks-cables-russia-mafia-kleptocracy?intcmp=239
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/dec/02/russian-media-ignore-wikileaks

From The Beeb:

1346: We haven't had much in the way of info from Zurich since the presentations ended - blame Fifa's secret ballot for that. But, with just over an hour to go until the winners are announced, here's some breaking news - and it is quite encouraging too. BBC Sport's editor David Bond says a Fifa executive committee member has told him that England's presentation has made a "big difference". How big? We will have to wait and see...

From The Beeb:

1346: We haven't had much in the way of info from Zurich since the presentations ended - blame Fifa's secret ballot for that. But, with just over an hour to go until the winners are announced, here's some breaking news - and it is quite encouraging too. BBC Sport's editor David Bond says a Fifa executive committee member has told him that England's presentation has made a "big difference". How big? We will have to wait and see...

And which way? :102:

Holy schnitzel! A reliable source has just told me that the first round went to England!

It's not a rumour!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670