World Cup Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hazzman said:
Sheffield Wednesday/United - new shared stadium - est 40,000
Hull City - KC Stadium - could be expanded to 40,000

Wednesday and United would be choking on thier pie and mussy peas at that suggestion up here.

KC Stadium - Hull City not have enough support unless Taylor gets them in the Premiership and they make top 6 every season

Last edited:
Darth Vodka said:
no it's 40,000 minimum

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/events/1998/worldcup/news/1999/02/08/germany_2006/

that changes everything

that means the Walkers will have to upgrade and it rules out a lot

1) Wembley 90000
2) Old Trafford 68,936 Manchester United Expanding to 75,000 in 2006
3) Ashburton Grove 60000 Arsenal
4) St James' Park 52,387 Newcastle United
5) City of Manchester Stadium 48,500 Manchester City (may be ruled out because of same city rule)
6) Stadium of Light 48,300 Sunderland
7) Anfield 45,522 Liverpool
8) Villa Park 43,300 Aston Villa
9) Elland Road 40,242 Leeds United
10) Hillsborough Stadium 39,859 Sheffield Wednesday
11) Walkers Stadium 32,500 Leicester City (40,000 after upgrade)

can St Mary's, Pride Park, the Ricoh and the Riverside similarly upgrade?

no wonder there's only 12 in Germany!!

St Marys and Pride Park are for sure built in such a way for expansion.
I have a great link from the Football Ground Guide Forum where someone has placed all the stadium development on.
http://footballgroundguide.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=4774

Birmingham earlier in the year annouced plans for a 60k City Of Birmingham Stadium

All-in-0ne Guide to Stadium Developments
Maybe / pigs might fly? Section

Section 2: existing stadia

Sheffield Utd / Bramall Lane / 35,000:081: :081:

pigs would fly first me thinks:051: :051: :051:

Wednesday/United fans call eachother pigs so could be quite a sight :081:

What about the Millenium Stadium, Ibrox, Parkhead and Hampden Park when the inevitable happens and Scotland and Wales are given some games even if it doesn't get them automatic qualification?

We don't have a chance. :-(

jb5000 said:
What about the Millenium Stadium, Ibrox, Parkhead and Hampden Park when the inevitable happens and Scotland and Wales are given some games even if it doesn't get them automatic qualification?

plus its a good ten years away, what other good stadiums are gonna be built by than that arent even on the drawing board yet

jb5000 said:

Ibrox,Hampden and Parkhead are all in the same City so only one of them could be used,if any.

Oh, I'd have though Hampden was in Edinburgh since it's the national stadium and all. Still, that's two very good stadia, and to be fair if Scotland or Wales qualify I'd be all for them being able to play their matches at home too.

jb5000 said:
Oh, I'd have though Hampden was in Edinburgh since it's the national stadium and all. Still, that's two very good stadia, and to be fair if Scotland or Wales qualify I'd be all for them being able to play their matches at home too.

glasgow is the only city in europe with three stadia over 50,000

(i think)

We have the advantage that we have already successfully hosted two internationals, including a full england international. And there is a decent training ground for any team based in the area down here at Hinckley.

fcukcov said:
We have the advantage that we have already successfully hosted two internationals, including a full england international. And there is a decent training ground for any team based in the area down here at Hinckley.

isn't there something in Ashby-De-La-Zouch where Brazil trained?

That was before Hinckley had the mighty Marstons though Darth.

fcukcov said:
That was before Hinckley had the mighty Marstons though Darth.

mighty indeed, i shall be there after the game on saturday for a mate's engagement do, staggering up the hill to shilton afterwards

good luck with that darth. I went to wedding there in July. Its ok, beers not that bad. Cant get pitchside from the function room though which is a bit of a let down!!

the thing in ashby was springs hydro. lots of international teams go there. you also have loughborough university with all its facilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669