worley signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melts, you're right of course, but I thought Worley played well and I also felt the need for a physical and tall 5th defender was justified.

Wasn't Worley's signing agreed ages ago anyway, it was just done as loan originally so we could have him early? So you would imagine it was a Holloway signing anyway.

Hopefully will be a good player for us. No idea about him so far though really.

He did his job on Sunday but it was possibly a job which shouldn't have taken place.

It was done when we loaned him as Ollie referred to a small fee we had to give Chelsea because he's on a bosman and under 24.

With Mad Mandy in charge it may always be a stretch to assume that.

Daft to be signing anybody whilst the managerial position hasn't been resolved. I agree that he could be a good signing but surely, the problems of last season revolved around managers coming into the club and not wanting the players already at the club.

Daft to be signing anybody whilst the managerial position hasn't been resolved. I agree that he could be a good signing but surely, the problems of last season revolved around managers coming into the club and not wanting the players already at the club.

Perhaps a binding agreement to sign him was already in place. Perhaps this is a sign that the managerial position has been resolved. Perhaps it's a sign that the manager is still not being seen as the person who chosses players. Perhaps somebody else was sniffing round him.
Perhaps ...

I'm over the moon we have this lad on board as I get the Feeling McCauley will be off to Ipswich.He is a big lad who will have thrive on the challange ....

Last edited:
Worley will play a lot of games next season, with the rest of our defense no doubt fecking off in the next few weeks.

I think you could be right, Aldrige made a statement on the Official site and if you read between the lines it would appear all serious offers will be looked at for Mattock,Stearman,McCauley....
I hope the young guys are given a run out next season and I also hope Holloway stays.Managerial roundabout has proven a total disaster.I still think Holloway can do a job for us ......

I think you could be right, Aldrige made a statement on the Official site and if you read between the lines it would appear all serious offers will be looked at for Mattock,Stearman,McCauley....
I hope the young guys are given a run out next season and I also hope Holloway stays.Managerial roundabout has proven a total disaster.I still think Holloway can do a job for us ......

For stability purposes we could keep him on as a toilet attendant, he is after all full of shit.

Ollie I hope,

unpack that suitcase you and your family are staying.......

Decent signing IMO, thought the lad came out with a lot of credit on Sunday, thrown in at the deep end and played out of position in a massive game for the club and I thought he displayed a great deal of maturity and discipline.

Think he will be a player who will blossom over the next season or two and will no doubt play a big part next season.

I find the level of excitement about this signing quite strange

Nobody has seen him play a full game at Centre Half, there have been mixed reports about him in the reserves, and he looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights on Sunday (thanks to the feckwit of a manager throwing him into midfield)

So he might be OK at League One level - but equally he might well be a complete and utter duffer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669