Worrying signs at Belvoir Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
The training kit looks nicer than the actual kit IMO.

Just noticed this while looking at the pics of training on the OS

Alistair Smith "management consultant" in full training kit pointing around & stuff while talking to Dave Rennie.

For those of you fortunate enough never to have had anything to do with these types let me explain the significance.

This is a man who is living out a boyhood fantasy by being involved with a football club.
Are you a coach? A physio? No.
So get the feck out of that training gear & put your bloody suit on.

Get back to your office & write a few pamphlets filled with doubletalk that you can then charge 4 grand an hour to read aloud from at some pointless seminar.
God,i hate these types.Pure poison.Worked with a fair few of them at different levels.Waste of space & skin every last one of them.
Spouting jargon-heavy drivel on the most basic of subjects & milking blood from the companies that employed them to do it.

The only reason they have come into football is because they can blind managers with psuedo science.
The techniques they use are the most basic of common sense in management terms but because pro footballers of MA's generation were never exposed to them it seems new to them.
It's like in old films where the explorer makes the natives think he's a God by doing a few conjuring tricks.

Charlatans these people are.
Same sort you find selling get rich quick schemes on the internet.

I just hope the club wakes up to this.

Go look at the picture & tell me he doesn't look like a spare one at a wedding.
But I guarantee you 100% that in his own mind,he's Matt fecking Busby

almost 3 years of posting, 14 posts.......at least its quality over quantity eh? what a load of shite

So correct me if I'm wrong here, and assuming your sweeping generalisation of "management consultants"is correct, are you honestly now having a go at MA for getting somebody in to help him in areas he is unsure about?

Give me strength

I only use seepeing generalisations when they are unarguable.For example "Derby fans are a bunch of c**ts" is such a statement but it's entirely accurate.
& no i'm not criticising MA for getting help,but surely that's what an asst manager is for?
I am,i admit,thoroughly prejudiced against anyone in the consultancy game.Met loads of them,never met one who actually added anything to any kind of process.On the same level as corporate lawyers IMO

I only use seepeing generalisations when they are unarguable.For example "Derby fans are a bunch of c**ts" is such a statement but it's entirely accurate.
& no i'm not criticising MA for getting help,but surely that's what an asst manager is for?
I am,i admit,thoroughly prejudiced against anyone in the consultancy game.Met loads of them,never met one who actually added anything to any kind of process.On the same level as corporate lawyers IMO

... and some posters on here, not necessarily you. ;)

almost 3 years of posting, 14 posts.......at least its quality over quantity eh? what a load of shite

I entirely forgot about this forum for 2 years.Sorry about that.As for quality,well thats a matter of opinion.
I post when I see something that inspires me to do so.If people on here have some kind of issue with what i say then i'm up for debating it (isn't that what boards are for?)
So,exactly what is it about my post that's a load of shite then? Or did you mean that only posting every so often is a load of shite? if so then i can answer that straight away...i've seen threads on here that ramble on saying nothing for ages,so i'd rather wait til i feel like saying something relevant.
lots of stuff on here just ends up degenerating into people trading abuse so i want to avoid that too.
Now shut it or I'll crap in your teapot!

I entirely forgot about this forum for 2 years.Sorry about that.As for quality,well thats a matter of opinion.
I post when I see something that inspires me to do so.If people on here have some kind of issue with what i say then i'm up for debating it (isn't that what boards are for?)
So,exactly what is it about my post that's a load of shite then? Or did you mean that only posting every so often is a load of shite? if so then i can answer that straight away...i've seen threads on here that ramble on saying nothing for ages,so i'd rather wait til i feel like saying something relevant.
lots of stuff on here just ends up degenerating into people trading abuse so i want to avoid that too.
Now shut it or I'll crap in your teapot!

He was probably referring to the fact that you know absolutely nothing of this particular individual (Alistair Smith), or the work that he does / has done in the past - but have gone on some insane rant based on your association with 'consultants' that you have come across in your own professional life

Had you experienced first hand the work of Mr Smith, then I'm sure we would all be happy to hear from you as to why it was so awful that the club was trying something completely different in an attempt to halt the seemingly terminal decline that it currently appears to be in - and you could have provided some insight as to why your personal experience of Smith's work has led you to believe that he was not up to the task

But as none of the above applies then his assessment of your post, and the fact that it is based on nothing of any substance, as being 'a load of shite' does appear to have some merit

He was probably referring to the fact that you know absolutely nothing of this particular individual (Alistair Smith), or the work that he does / has done in the past - but have gone on some insane rant based on your association with 'consultants' that you have come across in your own professional life

Had you experienced first hand the work of Mr Smith, then I'm sure we would all be happy to hear from you as to why it was so awful that the club was trying something completely different in an attempt to halt the seemingly terminal decline that it currently appears to be in - and you could have provided some insight as to why your personal experience of Smith's work has led you to believe that he was not up to the task

But as none of the above applies then his assessment of your post, and the fact that it is based on nothing of any substance, as being 'a load of shite' does appear to have some merit

Now thats better.An intelligent contribution.Correct too...it was indeed a rant.& I admitted to my prejudice earlier.If i had a choice of a Derby fan or a management consultant to rescue from a burning building i swear i'd have to think very hard.Then I'd let them both burn.
You are correct,I have no direct personal experience of Mr S,merely his type.
Although...he is embraced as an asset by the F.A. i believe? Surely a sign that he is indeed worthless?

Using more temperate language, I'm with 'give_us_a_wave' in terms of doubting the value of having a management consultant around. MA does need help BUT has an assistant manager, coaches, & a sports scientist already! He no doubt has Milan's advice & input VERY often as well. If MA is not careful he is going to be hearing more voices than a scizho on a bad day. Too many cooks spoil the broth - keep it simple Martin, listen to a handful of guys that you've already got around you. And trust your intelligence, gut instincts & general know how to help you to make the best decisions. This is too many layers and too many inputs for my taste.

Who stole all the paragraphs, come on, own up?

Who stole all the paragraphs, come on, own up?

They were phased out, following a process review undertaken by a Talking Balls Management Consultant. They are no longer considered viable, are deemed to waste valuable forum space, and are a major contributor to global warming

They were phased out, following a process review undertaken by a Talking Balls Management Consultant. They are no longer considered viable, are deemed to waste valuable forum space, and are a major contributor to global warming
But they still serve a valuable purpose, without them communication will become very difficult. I personally don't think the true balance between protecting the environment and allowing proper visual communication has been reached.

The paragraphs must be integrated back into society. The effect on the Earth is minimal compared to that of the mental health of it's inhabitants

But they still serve a valuable purpose, without them communication will become very difficult. I personally don't think the true balance between protecting the environment and allowing proper visual communication has been reached.

The paragraphs must be integrated back into society. The effect on the Earth is minimal compared to that of the mental health of it's inhabitants

I'll give you a 52% increase in paragraph useage in exchange for a 25% reduction in puntuation emmisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669