• 2007/08 Allen, Holloway and Mandaric, down to the third tier

Votes: 26 57.8%
  • 2003/04 straight back down with Micky Adams

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2001/02 thanks Peter Taylor for ending our previous best PL era

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • 1994/95 Little, McGhee, first PL campaign, first PL relegation

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • 1986/87 Bryan Hamilton takes us down from Div One and condemns us to the Pleat years

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Youri being injured/not being arsed has really impacted us. He made us tick and crated most things…
I don’t all together buy that. We have shown time and time again that we have more than enough quality to be a mid table team at least without having to rely on one player. Nope, I blame the coaching staff for ****ing it all up. Rodgers was determined to prove that the team needed a refresh. Maybe it did but it was still good enough for a mid table finish before they coached the living daylights out of them.

2007/08 for me - I went to the penaltimate game vs Sheffield Wed. We missed a couple of sitters and I knew we were fooked.

Most of our relegation seasons were although very disapointing, we were where we were, if you know what I mean.

This one though! Wow - I don't remember a time of such total rubbish by all within the club.

Sham Bollick.

I voted the Peter Taylor season. The outcome of that relegation was so catastrophic we almost lost the club completely and led to more than a decade in the wilderness with us suffering some of the worst managers in the club's history.

I struggle to get too upset about the relegation to League one now (although it was terrible at the time) as for me there is a clear link between that moment and winning the Premier League.

I voted the Peter Taylor season. The outcome of that relegation was so catastrophic we almost lost the club completely and led to more than a decade in the wilderness with us suffering some of the worst managers in the club's history.

I struggle to get too upset about the relegation to League one now (although it was terrible at the time) as for me there is a clear link between that moment and winning the Premier League.
This season has felt like the Taylor season from day one.

This season has felt like the Taylor season from day one.
Weren't we top early doors in the Taylor relegation season? I don't remember being top this year.

Weren't we top early doors in the Taylor relegation season? I don't remember being top this year.
I think I'm right in saying we went top that season after the 0-0 away at Sunderland. It's a long way to go for a game as dull as that one was.

No that was the season before.

It only furthers the comparison. The previous year we started strong but the rot set in as the season progressed and we ended very poorly. There was a strong case that summer that Taylor should have gone. Instead the club stuck with him, he signed a load of dross and the next season was an immediate mess.

No that was the season before.

It only furthers the comparison. The previous year we started strong but the rot set in as the season progressed and we ended very poorly. There was a strong case that summer that Taylor should have gone. Instead the club stuck with him, he signed a load of dross and the next season was an immediate mess.
This is how I remember it, the team basically collapsed partway through the FA Cup quarter final against Wycombe and took a season and a half to recover

This is how I remember it, the team basically collapsed partway through the FA Cup quarter final against Wycombe and took a season and a half to recover

Define recover...

I voted 2007/08 because it was so ludicrous how we were touted as promotion candidates and ended up getting relegated with Harry Worley in midfield, some random Hungarian wingers, DJ Campbell being offside all the time, and the manager still writing a column for the BBC website.

However, I remember the 2003/04 season being pretty depressing. We used to concede goals in the 90th minute all the time and throw away leads as a result. I remember such results as 2-2 against Bolton, 3-3 at Middlesbrough and 4-4 at Tottenham. And I was unlucky enough to attend that Aston Villa match. Also, wasn't Izzet injured for a big chunk of that season? Perhaps if he'd been fit we would have just about stayed up.

2007/08 for me - I went to the penaltimate game vs Sheffield Wed. We missed a couple of sitters and I knew we were fooked.
Ian Hume’s penalty still haunts me.

At least we were partially up for it that game, losing at home to Plymouth that season I remember being particularly terrible.

In hindsight relegation to the third tier was a blessing in disguise. At the time though who knew where we were headed.

Taylor’s meddling compounded by nearly going out of business hurt a lot but I’d stopped going to live games as I’d moved away and was a poor student.

As I live in Australia I’ve only been to one game this year Newcastle at home, and that was perhaps the worst atmosphere I have encountered at the KP. The writing certainly looked on the wall.

I’m gutted how this season has turned out. Should we survive I can’t see us being any better next year.

The Championship is a tough league to get out of. I can only hope to do what Burnley have done.

Onwards LTID

Same for me. Specifically the Leon Clarke goal. He seemed to be miles from any of our defenders, absolute piece of piss.

Ian Hume’s penalty still haunts me.

At least we were partially up for it that game, losing at home to Plymouth that season I remember being particularly terrible.

In hindsight relegation to the third tier was a blessing in disguise. At the time though who knew where we were headed.

Taylor’s meddling compounded by nearly going out of business hurt a lot but I’d stopped going to live games as I’d moved away and was a poor student.

As I live in Australia I’ve only been to one game this year Newcastle at home, and that was perhaps the worst atmosphere I have encountered at the KP. The writing certainly looked on the wall.

I’m gutted how this season has turned out. Should we survive I can’t see us being any better next year.

The Championship is a tough league to get out of. I can only hope to do what Burnley have done.

Onwards LTID
I was at that Newcastle match too. It was ****ing horrible.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563