Worthington Quote 'I Want 2 Strikers'

Status
Not open for further replies.

KTFaith

so says the Norwich boss in todays Times.

If he has spent the rumoured £2m on Ashton, he won't have much to spend on the other.

So of the linked players, who would be cheaper Harwood, Zamora or Scowy?

tough call that one.

Have these 3 prolific championship strickers scored 10 between them yet this season? Should keep Norwich up no problems then eh?

:roll: No one with any grain of sanity will buy Scrowcroft. He will also be quite happy to sit out his ridiculous contract and walk away in the summer having contributed exactly what to the last 3 years. Sorry not involved in La manga lack of effort I guess

West Ham said they've turned down a £3m bid for Marlon Harewood, which is believed to be from Norwich.

Hopefully they make that sort of bid for Scowy ;)

I fear nobody will buy Scowcroft and we are stuck with him until the Summer.I wouldn't be surprised if Levein tries to off load others e.g Heath,who I don't think he rates(not alone there).The only hope of Scowcroft going is some kind of loan until the end of the season like Benjamin.

I think the main problem here is that Worthington wants 2 STRIKERS!!! not 1 striker and a useless, non goal scoring lump. Hence Scowy will stay here until the end of the season and then probably go to Ipswich on a free in the summer.

highland fox said:
I fear nobody will buy Scowcroft and we are stuck with him until the Summer.I wouldn't be surprised if Levein tries to off load others e.g Heath,who I don't think he rates(not alone there).The only hope of Scowcroft going is some kind of loan until the end of the season like Benjamin.

Who have we got that would replace Scowcroft or who would you like to bought to replace him, As for Heath if CL had no confidence in him or didnt rate him do you think he would have bought him on for the last few mins against QPR. You have to remember that Heath is a young lad who has had his confidence knocked by being dropped by the new manager after a few games, he was told the reasons why and has been training hard to rectify the problems. The other thre centre backs have nearly 10 years experince over him and are still shite so get off his back and support him.

I don't know one way or the other about Heath.From what I've seen and heard about him one minute he's great the next he's poor.He scores a few goals but from what I've seen his disribution is woeful.I really don't know...but just because he brought him on for the last mins against QPR hardly constitutes that Levein thinks he's up to it.But you are right none of our centre halves are great,didn't CL say that he thinks theres a problem at the back?maybe thats why he's gone for Kisnorbo.

highland fox said:
I don't know one way or the other about Heath.From what I've seen and heard about him one minute he's great the next he's poor.He scores a few goals but from what I've seen his disribution is woeful.I really don't know...but just because he brought him on for the last mins against QPR hardly constitutes that Levein thinks he's up to it.But you are right none of our centre halves are great,didn't CL say that he thinks theres a problem at the back?maybe thats why he's gone for Kisnorbo.

would have thought if CL rated Heath he would be already playing given he has previously said he wants to bring down the age of the side which is hardly achieved by playing Dabizas, Keown & Dublin.

Thought the Hearts fan said Kisnorbo was best as a holding/ball winning midfielder which we sadly lack.

Makes you wonder about Canero's future with him not making the bench again

Last time i watched norwich they playe an attacking 3 liek bolton, 1 main striker ( ashton now) and 2 wide attackers (huckerby and Bently) i could see scowy playng there as personally i though he was good 4 us playing on the wing, i know he's no winger but he added something 2 the team playing there.

Loyal_Supporter said:
Last time i watched norwich they playe an attacking 3 liek bolton, 1 main striker ( ashton now) and 2 wide attackers (huckerby and Bently) i could see scowy playng there as personally i though he was good 4 us playing on the wing, i know he's no winger but he added something 2 the team playing there.

Scowcroft is just not anywhere near good enough to play at Prem level and the indications are he is hardly worth a place in a bottom half of the table 'Championship' team - I can't see anyone paying out any fee for him & the real issue is whether there is a club willing to pay him wages that are acceptable to him given the silly contract here. Obviously he will be wighing up what sort of contract he might or might not get here in the summer.

Could CL turn scowy back into a goal scorer? I was asked today.
It was a good point. if scowy gets some good crosses could we see him banging in a few?
Mayby Maybury Might

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570