Wow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Han

Don't you all think you're getting a bit carried away? one good performance and all of a sudden we brilliant again?

2 days ago we were shit, today hardly a thing's changed.

Nathan said:
Don't you all think you're getting a bit carried away? one good performance and all of a sudden we brilliant again?

2 days ago we were shit, today hardly a thing's changed.

Hardly a thing's changed?

How about:

Guaranteed Championship Status
Performance of the Season
First double over Derby since 1909/10
Happy LCFC fans again.

I would call that quite a lot!

aye, its a positive sign.

i bet it wont continue for the rest of the season.

should we be celebrating finishing in 16th? i dont think so

LCFC has to prove itself to the fans. a 1-0 win over derby doesn't suffice.

the only good thing from this season is forest going down.

we're still as crap as we were at the weekend, i doubt one match will change that

I don't give a toss what happens for the rest of the season, we are safe and now Levein can build a team.

Look at the positives! The sun is shining, the birds are singing, the bees are trying to have sex with them (or so I've heard), and we beat Derby to secure safety. Let the good times roll next season!

Nathan said:

we're still as crap as we were at the weekend, i doubt one match will change that

Couldn't be more wrong, Nathan

Not only were we not crap at the weekend - just beaten by the top of the table team who were at home, and needed a win to be promoted - but we were magnificent last night

No one is getting carried away here

We were complete and utter garbage last Tuesday (and in most matches throughout the season). That, sadly is a fact

We were excellent last night. That is also fact, and has finally given us a reason to celebrate in one of the worst seasons we have witnessed for some time

No harm in that

Now go and practice for the music festival at the Walkers! You don't want to let down the capacity crowd of 3 who turn out to cheer you on Nathan! ;-)

just dont come back complaining after the next poor performance.

dont get me wrong, im pleased about safety, beating the sheep etc etc but im not getting too excited before getting let down again

Nathan said:

dont get me wrong, im pleased about safety, beating the sheep etc etc but im not getting too excited before getting let down again

That's the spirit !!

The good old blind optimism of youth

I won't complain. I am happy for the sseason to end in any way the fates decide, its the re-building job over the summer that is important...not whether we put on an amazing performance against Leeds and Plymouth.

I will say that patience is needed though. Don't expect too much too soon next season. Remember, we are starting from scratch...again!

I don't think anybody is getting 'carried away' but let's look forward rather than back eh ?

SilverFox said:
Now go and practice for the music festival at the Walkers! You don't want to let down the capacity crowd of 3 who turn out to cheer you on Nathan! ;-)
could you have wrote anything more random?

That's the spirit !!

I think im probably just tired, or sexually frustrated. not seen the missus for a couple of days

As joe pointed out, there are a lot of positives to take from last night's game, a win, a fantastic team performance and guaranteed safety. After the season we've endured why not go a little over the top for a change, don't get me wrong there is still plenty of work to be done over the summer.

IF we had played like we played last night throughout the season, then we would be top three.

IMO we have an exciting group of players, who, as shown last night, can produce the goods; Levein's main task is to get the team to perform at a similar standard, consistently, whether or not he can do that is a big IF. I haven't come away from a game and felt as good as that since the 4-0 drubbing of Leeds (I will no doubt regret saying that on Sunday!).

\ :D /\ :-D /\ :grin: /\ :D /\ :-D /\ :grin: /

homer said:
Nathan said:

That's the spirit !!

Definitely a touch of petrescu (or .sad.with/dejection) about him.

Nathan said:
SilverFox said:
could you have wrote anything more random?

Yes.

Nathan said:

So by your logic we should all still be down about things? By your logic we should all remain completely pissed off and unsatisifed with it all and not be allowed to become enthusiastic about a good performance?

After a season of extreme disappointment, I think it's fantastic to applaud a good night for City, just like we did at Charlton too. Jesus, let us please enjoy the good bits of this awful year.

homer said:
Nathan said:

That's the spirit !!

You can talk. :roll: :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675