Wrestlemania 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Wikipedia - Marking out is:

'a moment of enjoying professional wrestling "for what it is" rather than analyzing its staged nature'

But yes, in lay-Man's terms it means to go crazy. For instance, I will mark out when the glass breaks and Stone Cold enters the arena (hopefully). I will not mark out when either Vince or Donald have their head shaved. Now I've got my tickets for the Raw show immediately before Mania I am even more excited... Ford Field here we come!!!

you must be looking forward to seeing the divas though, especially the cat fights its worth going just for them :055:

you must be looking forward to seeing the divas though, especially the cat fights its worth going just for them :055:

Yeah, apart from Mickie James, Victoria and Kelly Kelly (and maybe Ashley) the rest of the Divas don't really do it for me. Maria on Raw is BUTT UGLY!!!

YAY... I'm off to Wrestlemania 23 in Detroit. I've just received my tickets in the mail.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It'll be great to see Hulk Hogan and Steve Austin. I've been to wrestling many times but I have yet to see Hulk or Austin in the flesh. I will mark out big-time for those two. Don't get me wrong, I'm not the world's biggest Hulkamaniac - I don't even think I'm a Hulkamaniac - but for nostalgia alone it will be great to see the red and yellow. When that glass breaks for Stone Cold I will definitely mark out.

I'm looking forward to the Cena - Shawn Michaels match. I hope the crowd don't boo Cena - I certainly won't be. The Undertaker - Big Dave match is probably not going to be a 'Wrestling Classic' - no Batista match could be - but again it will be cool to see Taker. I hope he doesn't lose his Wrestlemania undefeated streak. He should maintain that as his legacy and if he does lose it should be to a better star than Batista. Maybe at Wrestlemania 24 he could go against Edge and possibly lose it. I hope they have an Edge - Orton match at Mania. They have both arguably, Edge in particular, been two of the top guys on Raw in the last 6 months to a year and I like both their characters. As a massive 'Edgehead' of course I hope he wins.

Wrestlemania here I come...

didn't realise stone cold was there

YAY... I'm off to Wrestlemania 23 in Detroit. I've just received my tickets in the mail.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It'll be great to see Hulk Hogan and Steve Austin. I've been to wrestling many times but I have yet to see Hulk or Austin in the flesh. I will mark out big-time for those two. Don't get me wrong, I'm not the world's biggest Hulkamaniac - I don't even think I'm a Hulkamaniac - but for nostalgia alone it will be great to see the red and yellow. When that glass breaks for Stone Cold I will definitely mark out.

I'm looking forward to the Cena - Shawn Michaels match. I hope the crowd don't boo Cena - I certainly won't be. The Undertaker - Big Dave match is probably not going to be a 'Wrestling Classic' - no Batista match could be - but again it will be cool to see Taker. I hope he doesn't lose his Wrestlemania undefeated streak. He should maintain that as his legacy and if he does lose it should be to a better star than Batista. Maybe at Wrestlemania 24 he could go against Edge and possibly lose it. I hope they have an Edge - Orton match at Mania. They have both arguably, Edge in particular, been two of the top guys on Raw in the last 6 months to a year and I like both their characters. As a massive 'Edgehead' of course I hope he wins.

Wrestlemania here I come...

Give my regards to Les Kellett

i heard rumours that undertaker vs big dave will be a hell in a cell that will interesting, its ashame Triple H wont be wrestling hes amazing and soo funny, bobby lashley vs umaga is gonna be a good match, by the way sorry if no one knows that donald thrumps pick is going to be bobby lashley.

So far, Dusty Rhodes & Curt Hennig have been announced for the Hall Of Fame - again if anyone is interested. :icon_roll :icon_lol:

Yeah Wrestlemania is shaping up nicely. To steal a line from Jim Ross, purely as a wrestling match, Umaga vs Bobby Lashly is going to be "Bowling shoe ugly". But with Vince, Donald, Armando and Stone Cold thrown in to the mix there should be enough going on so we don't notice the actual quality of wrestling. I hope Donald loses his hair but I just can't see it. I can see Vince having his head shaved, probably by Stone Cold, and then he comes out on TV for a few months wearing some kind of wig or something silly and we get lots of comedy moments out of it. I think Vince will have hids head shaved because I am certain Lashley will get the victory.

I wish Edge and Randy Orton were having a one-on-one match or maybe they win the tag titles back next week on Raw and they defend those but that ain't gonna happen now that Edge in in the money in the bank match and Orton will almost certainly be in that mix too. The money in the bank should be fun to see though.

I hope Carlito does not make it onthe card at Mania - and if he does I hope he gets BURIED. Carlito is useless in the ring. I fear he and Ric Flair will have some sort of interaction on the show. Melina and Ashley, as looks almost certain should be a good time to go and get some snacks. I really like Melina's character and she has improved an awful lot in thwe ring but Ashley is awful - and she's not even that hot. But she's in Playboy so they have to give her heavy exposure. I hope if it is Ashley and Melian that Mickie James is involved somehow in a triple-threat. I guess they'll do something with a tag match. London and Kendrick, The Harys, Haas and Benjamin, MNM - I'd like to see them have some kind of wacky gimmick match. Again Khali and Kane ain't gonna be pretty but hopefully it will be short. Maybe they will have a Benoit titke defense and/or a Cruiserweight title match. Ithink it will be a good show.

Do you guys in England have to pay to watch this show? I remember years ago all the PPV's used to be free on Sky...

I was just about to post something similair but you beat me to it

What has happened to the guys that were on it when i watched it like HHH, The Rock, that British guy, Rakishi (sp?), HHH's bird - the boss's daughter, the guy that did the worm, undertaker etc.

Triple H is injured - probably out for another 6 months.

The Rock is now a big Hollywood star, no need for him to return to wrestling.

The British guy? You mean William Regal? Yeah he's still in it but hasn't had a big story for a while.

Rikishi left ages ago, don't know where he is nowadays.

Stephanie works backstage, not been seen on TV for a while now, she was pregnant last year, Triple H is the father in real life.

Scotty Too Hotty, the guy who does the Worm, is still there but like Regal hasn't been heavily involved for a while.

Undertaker won the Royal Rumble last month and will go up against Batista for the World Title at Wrestlemania.

Scarby, I hope this helps. :icon_wink :icon_lol: :icon_roll :icon_redf

What has happened to the guys that were on it when i watched it like HHH, The Rock, that British guy, Rakishi (sp?), HHH's bird - the boss's daughter, the guy that did the worm, undertaker etc.

If by the British guy you mean The British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith he is now Brown Bread... Rikishi left WWE 3 or 4 years ago and is now running a wrestling federation in Italy.

Jerry "The King" is now in the hall of fame as well, HBK vs cena, should be good but i have a feeling that HBK will turn his back on Cena as they are the champions but the real tag champs should be Crymeeee Tymeee... The money in the bank match should be pretty good, 8 guys fighting for a briefcase hanging in a ladder match and you got edge and jeff hardy that is going to be a "slobber Knocker"

stone cold special guest ref in the battle of the billlionaires umaga vs bobby lashley...good match,,,

i think kane is going to wrestle the great khali..hmmm interesting

Wrestlemania has got some good matches so it should be really good to watch lucky you LondonFox..hope you have a great time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669