Wrestlemania 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

londonfox

Seeing as Wrestlemania is coming up this Sunday I thought I’d give my predictions. Feel free to join in any fellow WWE fans out there:

BELFAST BRAWL: Finlay vs JBL
I’m going with JBL to go over on this one. I can’t see it being much of a technical match but I’m sure Fit Finlay can carry JBL to a good spectacle. I expect tons of brawling and the odd weapon or 12 to be ued and of course there will be a run-in from Hornswoggle at some point. I can see JBL just squeaking out a win here. Hopefully it is short and a filler match in between two of the more important matches on the card. Either that or the curtain jerker.

Money in the Bank:
Had Jeff not got himself suspended I think it was a more than safe bet to say he was finally going to progress from simply stealing the show, ala Mania 23 to actually winning this match. Now that he is gone I think it’s completely up in the air. That being said, the only three viable contenders I see are CM Punk, MVP and Mr. Kennedy. If CM Punk is ever going to get away from ECW purgatory I think this is his time. He is super over with the fans but is apparently not too well liked by management backstage. Punk winning and going after the ECW title is a scenario I could see happening. Kennedy won last year and maybe the company is ready to give him one more chance with the ball and see if he can not drop it. After winning last year he got injured. He was then ready to be unveiled as Vince’s illegitimate son and have a high level feud with HHH and he went and got himself suspended. Kennedy has the potential star power and charisma to hold the briefcase for awhile before cashing it in. The other guy I see having a chance is MVP. He has held the US title for seemingly forever and this would be the perfect chance to elevate him to the next level. His in ring work is very solid and his mic skill and charisma are great. Personally MVP is who I would like to see win this one. Shelton, Carlito (why is he on Mania, the guy sucks) and Morrison are there just as filler and to take spectacular bumps. Jericho is an outside possibility but I see them keeping the IC title on him and maybe lifting his stock that way before any title push that may or may not be in his future.

24 Man Battle Royal:
I see one of the giants winning this one, most likely Mark Henry, Khali or Kane. I would love to see someone like Lance Cade or Trevor Murdoch get the rub here and be a launching pad for a singles push but it won’t happen.

ECW Title Match:
Chavo to retain and start a feud with whoever he cheats to win.

Edge vs Undertaker:
There is not a snowball’s chance in Hell of Undertaker losing this one. That being said I think he will win via DQ, thus allowing Edge to keep the title. I am torn with this one. One part of me says they should not do anything to harm the legacy of the Undertaker and his Mania streak but the other half of me says by letting Edge be the one to beat him it would be such a boost to a guy who has consistently, injuries apart, been on top of his game for years now. I see a dusty finish that protects Taker’s streak and Edge’s title.

BunnyMania:
All I can hope here is that the 14 year old boy with implants, otherwise known as Ashley, takes a bad bump and breaks her neck and is forced to retire so I never have to look at her again. How the **** is she on Wrestlemania wile Mickie James and Victoria and even Michelle McCool have the indignity of being to Lumberjill’s. I hope Beth and Melina win but of course they won’t. Snoop Dogg and the Playbiy retards will have there moment to celebrate in the ring. But I won’t see it as this is the time I’ll be taking a piss break and ordering Pizza. Please Beth or Melina, permanently injure that dyke Ashley.

Batista vs Umaga:
Whatever happens I think this will be the start and not the end of this feud. I would love to see Umaga win but I think they will give the rub to Batista. I hope this leas to Umaga being moved to Smackdown and being built up again as a monster heel. There will always be a glass ceiling for him on Raw, just like with Edge and he deserves better. I don’t know if Umaga will be able to draw anything like as good a match out of Big Dave as Taker did last year but I think it will still be a strong match.

Ric Flair vs HBK:
I’m going to against popular belief and say that Ric Flair will live to fight another day. If anyone will retire Ric Flair it will be HHH. The whole Flair retirement angle has on the whole been way underplayed but he and Shawn have done a great job of building up this match. I love it when Shawn goes heel for one night as against Hogan. Any match involving HBK is gonna be a good one and I hope Ric Flair can delve down within himself and really step it up one last time. Sadly watching Flair wrestle over the past year has been a sad sight and seeng the likes of Kennedy and MVP losing to him just has not seemed credible. If Flair ca bring it this could be a classic. I see Flair winning with the figure 4 and then Shawn and he embracing as Flair goes on. Later down the line he and Hunter will wrestle and then Ric Flairs illustrious career will come to an end. I also see this happening because as we all know, Vince loves to swerve us all.

HHH vs Randy Orton vs John Cena:
I think the king of kings will finally get back on his thrown at Wrestlemania 24. I would love to see Orton retain as I think that would really cement his legacy and chapter in history as WWE champ but I’m sure that won’t happen. Cena could easily win but I think HHH now sees it as his time again and as the bosses son-in-law what HHH wants, HHH gets. And to be fair, apart form No Way Out where he was champ for five minutes he has stayed largely out of the title picture since Wrestlemania 24.

Looking forward to it! Getting it on PPV as per norm.

I predict Undertaker and HHH to win the titles, HBK to beat Flair, and Kennedy to win the MITB.

Would like to see Kane become ECW Champ.

Haven't watched it for about 6/7 years - whats all this about ECW? I thought that was seperate? HBK is back?

HBK has been back since 2002, still a main eventer and still one of the best there is even after all his problems. ECW has been the WWE's "third brand" after Raw and Smackdown for a couple of years now.

LondonFox, i have been waiting for you to start this thread,

My predicitions, I'm thinking Edge might end Untertakers 15-0 reign, HHH to win it as Cena will prob get booed off the park, Mayweather vs Big show will end up with Mayweather winning but i can see some people interfering with this match, might even see bobby lashley back cause i heard they are good friends,

Money in the bank i want it to be Jeff hardy but he is out so i think Y2J should have a good chance of winning it.

P.S where can i watch it, cause i dont get Sky boxoffice here in NL and they show no wrestling at all, can i watch it somewhere online for free, maybe LiveStreaming??

Yeah Floyd Mayweather will be there, and with a supposed $20,000,000 pay cheque for his appearance, who can blame him!

Undertaker beats Edge. Orton wins the triple threat. Mayweather beats Show. HBK ends Flair's career. Punk wins the MITB. Kane is ECW champ. A very good WM on the whole.

MHS did you watch it?

my brother was watching it and then after like 10-15mins the channel was dead

Undertaker beats Edge. Orton wins the triple threat. Mayweather beats Show. HBK ends Flair's career. Punk wins the MITB. Kane is ECW champ. A very good WM on the whole.

Is this the confirmed script that they will be following or are you just guessing that this will be the outcome?

a Emotional End to the career of Ric "The Nature Boy" Flair

Nobody got near kendo H but somebody rubbed mick mcmanus's ears and he went ballistic :icon_bigg

Nobody got near kendo H but somebody rubbed mick mcmanus's ears and he went ballistic :icon_bigg

ITV, saturday afternoon just before the results round up.....so I have been told

Actually I thought on the whole it was a very weak Wrestlemania, certainly the weakes I've seen. I liked Orton winning and the Undertaker/Ege match, although started off real slow turned in to a great main event. I liked that they gave Taker and the Smackdown title that spot on the cards. Finlay/JBL was what it was, it was never going to be great. I did like JBL throwing the trash can at Hornswogle. MITB was just OK. Bunnymania was the shitfest we all knew it would be. At least the right girls won. Batista/Umanga was a trainwreck. Far too much selling by Big Dave only for him to come out on top. The Mayweather fiasco was better than I thought it would be but still not good. The less said about the ECW match the better. Flair and Shawn was in no way a star quality match but because it was these two and because it told such a great story I did enjoy this one.

Don't know if you guys have seen this weeks RAW yet but there's a segment with Flair that is simply fantastic. It's a really classy move from a not always classy company.

Do you lads get excited about pantomimes at Christmas as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566