Wright gone to Barnsley 50K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck to the lad.

Good luck Tommy. Nice to see some of the rats are thinking about the future

All the best TW, he could have been our player of the season in div 3 next year....

Glad to see we got some cash for him. Can't see him being any better than that level though. He's a tryer though and thats what counts in that divison!!

IMO this is an indication that either Levein has got more support than we thought or that Kelly has already been lined up to replace Craig.

I find it strange that a move out of the club would be sanctioned at a time when the manager's future is in doubt. Unless Levein's position is a lot safer than people are being led to believe, or the potential replacement has also been involved in the decision making.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
IMO this is an indication that either Levein has got more support than we thought or that Kelly has already been lined up to replace Craig.

I find it strange that a move out of the club would be sanctioned at a time when the manager's future is in doubt. Unless Levein's position is a lot safer than people are being led to believe, or the potential replacement has also been involved in the decision making.

Not sure this transfer indicates much, Wright was rarely played by Adams either, so that's 2 managers that didn't rate him.

That said, a few message board say his future is in doubt, but that may not be the LCFC board's view

PFKAKTF FOX said:

Do you mean 'than people are leading themselves to believe'? It is only a minority public opinion that thinks he should go - there has been nothing official.

bocadillo said:
Do you mean 'than people are leading themselves to believe'? It is only a minority public opinion that thinks he should go - there has been nothing official.

That is what I am trying to say, basically if he was as under threat as is currently being assumed and rumoured then I would be surprised if there was any transfer activity inbound or outbound as I am sure any new manager would want to judge the squad for himself. Unless the replacement is already at the club.

good luck to him, think he'll do really well for barnsley, ill always remember his 2 yard tap in against forest - a simple but sweet goal

Last edited by a moderator:
newtonfox said:
:018: yet anther up and coming star ferking off from city not good cl wants a striker why didnt he give him a go

Because he's crap?

I've seen every one of Wright's matches for Leicester and I've seen nothing to suggest he's a decent player at this level.

Fans always seem to get excited when a young player comes along who's local, and who appears to be trying. And in this case he also shared his name with a former hero. But doesn't mean he's a good player.

I hope there's a sell on clause and he goes on to prove me wrong by getting a move to a bigger club, but I think he's found his level at Barnsley.

webmaster said:
Because he's crap?

I've seen every one of Wright's matches for Leicester and I've seen nothing to suggest he's a decent player at this level.

Fans always seem to get excited when a young player comes along who's local, and who appears to be trying. And in this case he also shared his name with a former hero. But doesn't mean he's a good player.

I hope there's a sell on clause and he goes on to prove me wrong by getting a move to a bigger club, but I think he's found his level at Barnsley.

Spot on Webbo, I dont think his dad exactly helped matters when ringing or texting in to Radio Leicester slagging MDV off.

I think because of the problems we have suffered over the last 4 or so years, the fans are desperate for a player to come through the ranks that they can relate to, like a Lineker, Joachim or Heskey type.

The problem is that any youngster who shows they can kick a ball straight is then thrust into this the next saviour of LCFC, and that carries a lot of pressure, I think we need to back off these kids and let them find their feet and if they are good enough then great, but lets not burden them with the hopes and expectations of a whole football club. Otherwise the likelihood is with the weight of expectation hanging over them will do much more harm than good. Enter Ashley Chambers !

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I find it strange that a move out of the club would be sanctioned at a time when the manager's future is in doubt. .
In your opinion, but not maybe the Board's. BTW, I keep reading on some posts " back him or sack him ". Speaking as one who wants CL to stay, the last thing any manager needs is the dreaded vote of confidence. If there is no story, why should the Board comment? Anyway,Happy New Year to one and all, just going to get my train to hit the Head of Steam before travelling up with the LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566