Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Fox

How long has it been since our last three games form resembled the world wide web?
Furthermore, when was the last time we won four on the spin, and you may as well give me five on the spin, six, seven and eight (and any more should our longest winning streak by greater than 8).
Cheers chuck,
Blinking Bill monkey mess

How long has it been since our last three games form resembled the world wide web?
Furthermore, when was the last time we won four on the spin, and you may as well give me five on the spin, six, seven and eight (and any more should our longest winning streak by greater than 8).
Cheers chuck,
Blinking Bill monkey mess

Last WWW was Norwich, Derby, Cov last season but that included a cup game.

Last decent run that didn't include a cup game was WWWWW (Millwall, Sheff Utd, Barnsley, Derby, Bristol City) in Jan/Feb 2011.

We had another run of WWWWW in April/May 2010 - the last 5 games of the regular league season before the Cardiff play-off fiasco.

We also had a run of 5 wins in the League One season, which was extended to WWWWWW by the FA Cup victory over Dagenham and Redbridge. This was part of a 13-game unbeaten run in the league and cup.

I believe our longest run of winning games is 7, which we have done four times - the last under Brian Little and before that under Matt Gillies.

E&OE

Last edited:
Last WWW was Norwich, Derby, Cov last season but that included a cup game.

Last decent run that didn't include a cup game was WWWWW (Millwall, Sheff Utd, Barnsley, Derby, Bristol City) in Jan/Feb 2011.

We had another run of WWWWW in April/May 2010 - the last 5 games of the regular league season before the Cardiff play-off fiasco.

We also had a run of 5 wins in the League One season, which was extended to WWWWWW by the FA Cup victory over Dagenham and Redbridge. This was part of a 13-game unbeaten run in the league and cup.

I believe our longest run of winning games is 7, which we have done four times - the last under Brian Little and before that under Matt Gillies.

E&OE

To be a pedent, the run under Matt Gillies extended to 10 games as we won 3 cup matches in that run, so though the longest league run is 7 which we achieved 4 times, the longest run in all competitions is actually that 10 win run in 1963.

Last edited:
To be a pedent, the run under Matt Gillies extended to 10 games as we won 3 cup matches in that run, so though the longest league run is 7 which we achieved 4 times, the longest run in all competitions is actually that 10 win run in 1963.

A what now? :icon_wink

Yes - I should have specified 'league games'.

Our longest losing streak?

Maybe under Taylor after the Wycombe game in the 2000/2001 season? 8 games I think.

Correct. It was 9 games altogether - the Cup game against Wycombe and the following eight league games. We dropped from 4th in the Prem to 13th as a result of the streak.

I only did it for a bet, I didn't expect it to have that effect on the players.

:icon_lol:

Longest unbeaten league run was set in Nige's first spell here of course as well.

Correct. It was 9 games altogether - the Cup game against Wycombe and the following eight league games. We dropped from 4th in the Prem to 13th as a result of the streak.

In hindsight it is easy to say...but surely that was grounds for dismissal in the summer?

I remember Matt Elliott putting on about 2 stone during Taylor's spell at the club. Shambles.

:icon_lol:

Longest unbeaten league run was set in Nige's first spell here of course as well.

But you have to remember that the League one season didn't count because we are Leicester City who is still a Premier League club in all but competition innit.

Thanks chaps. Nice information. Hat off. Tilted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566