Pre Match Wycombe A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be very surprised if Nuge started. At Boro, he didn't even sprint.

Tough decision there's about four or five who missed out on Saturday who you'd like to give a game. However, it's clear we have no choice in defence. Zoom is the easy change. Can we afford Knocky in the midfield three? Upfront, Wood needs some confidence after a stinker on Saturday but you feel you have to keep Vardy in after his performance on Saturday. Despite Waghorn looking in decent nick during pre-season and Jeffrey available.

Got to keep the system too and get the players familiar with it. We looked all at sea during first half but the second half would have learnt the players that the midfield has to be less rigid and it's far more effective playing 3-5-2 at a high tempo than a pedestrian pace. You have to be careful about when you use the wing-backs too. A couple of times we werecaught out when a crossfield ball was easily intercepted leaving Boro to attack an unprotected wing.

Last edited:
I think and would like to see

Schmeichel (or Logan... Indifferent.)
De laet (I think he will play Gallagher), Moore, Taft, Morgan, Bakayogo
King, Knockaert, Danns
Nugent, Waghorn

A purging is in order. I still have nightmares about that day, the slow walk back to the car, my bottom lip trembling, blaming my dad for falsely raising my hopes when Muzzy equalised...... I think all the problems in my life can be traced back to us losing that game.

Shit, is this our first meeting since that game?

If so then all out attack and nail the bastards!

Last edited:
Sssh! We never speak of you know which game

Well I had successfully erased it from my memory until today at work some idiot at work with no clue about football decided to remind me about it!

I mean, they don't even talk to me anyway (for obvious reasons) so God knows why they felt the need to tell me about it or even know it themselves.

EDIT - And Ted's reminder too!

Last edited:
I'm nervous.

The reminder of that game still looms large, and really was the start of a downward spiral we've never really recovered from. Maybe we have to beat them to break the curse?

But.... I'm going to this game. My record of watching us play is... Uhh... Far from good! Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566