X-Box HDMI problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Han

I had been using HDMI for my Xbox for ages. I was usining a non-microsoft HDMI cable.

The when i took it to a friend's house, i had to switch it back to analogue, and use the standard lead.

Since then, i cannot for the life of me figure out how i managed to switch it to HDMI last time. When you put in the analogue/scart cable, the console restarts and automatically switches but that doesn't happen when you put in the HDMI.

The HDMI & component leads do not fit into the console at the same time. so it's not just a simple case of changing the settings. The HDMI option does not appear in the settings, when it isn't attached.

I have tried changing the setting to HDMI (through component) and then changing the leads over but that doesn't work.

I haven't changed TV's or anything, so i'm stuck.

Any ideas?

Have you tried connecting it to your laptop, then connecting the laptop directly to your TV?

I had been using HDMI for my Xbox for ages. I was usining a non-microsoft HDMI cable.

The when i took it to a friend's house, i had to switch it back to analogue, and use the standard lead.

Since then, i cannot for the life of me figure out how i managed to switch it to HDMI last time. When you put in the analogue/scart cable, the console restarts and automatically switches but that doesn't happen when you put in the HDMI.

The HDMI & component leads do not fit into the console at the same time. so it's not just a simple case of changing the settings. The HDMI option does not appear in the settings, when it isn't attached.

I have tried changing the setting to HDMI (through component) and then changing the leads over but that doesn't work.

I haven't changed TV's or anything, so i'm stuck.

Any ideas?
The 360 should auto detect the hdmi connection. Does the console start OK when connected with HDMI? if so are you sure your TV/monitor is switched to the right AV input?

Failing that it may be a faulty cable that shagged when you disconnected it last. Cheapo hdmi's seem to break easily.

Have you tried sliding the switch on the HDMI cable?
There isn't one.
The 360 should auto detect the hdmi connection. Does the console start OK when connected with HDMI? if so are you sure your TV/monitor is switched to the right AV input?

Failing that it may be a faulty cable that shagged when you disconnected it last. Cheapo hdmi's seem to break easily.
The console doesn't seem to recognise that the HDMI is connected, so maybe it's nackered. It was only a few quid on eBay...

And re the input, i haven't changed it since i used it before.

Last edited:
There isn't one.

The console doesn't seem to recognise that the HDMI is connected, so maybe it's nackered. It was only a few quid on eBay...

And re the input, i haven't changed it since i used it before.

I had a cheap one that my sky box suddenly didn't like but worked with other equipment so nt beyond the realms of possibility it's knackered. I still think you should check your TV is switched to HDMI though as the console shouldn't boot if it doesn't detect a valid video output it should display sone red lights on the light ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566