xbox 360 query

Status
Not open for further replies.

drummindefender

i'm planning on taking my xbox 360 to uni, but i dont want to take a tv aswell as having a pc monitor-is it possible to play an xbox 360 through a pc monitor like you would a tv?

I think you can if the monitor has a HDMI input.

Ditto.

If not I'd imagine theres a leads out there somewhere that plugs in to the xbox with a basic video connection which your monitor is more likely to have. Probably best to check the connections on your monitor, if it only has a standard connection then you could be stuffed. Unless of course your graphics card has a connection for it, s-video probably (would mean buying a new lead for it any case)

I know it's possible to plug your 360 into the pc via USB, I wonder if it is also possible to play this way with the monitor as your screen?

Last edited:
At University, shouldn't you be
(a) working
(b) getting ratted
(c) etc

Sitting at home with a games machine does not compute....

Quick query, My mate has an Xbox 360 attached to a massive plasma screen and it is fantastic, however he says the picture quality is not great on a 'normal' tv. Has anyone seen the difference between the two?

Quick query, My mate has an Xbox 360 attached to a massive plasma screen and it is fantastic, however he says the picture quality is not great on a 'normal' tv. Has anyone seen the difference between the two?
Nope, I'm running on a 42" HD plasma and it's ****ing superb

Nope, I'm running on a 42" HD plasma and it's ****ing superb
at my old work they used to have one running on a hdtv and the difference is clear for all to see-im jealous of you melts-mines on a lil old tv and while it still looks good it must look shit in comparison to yours !

I only have one thing to add to this topic.. Xbox 360 = disappointing. I'm flogging mine on eBay..

I don't suppose anyone here has 'Condemned' for the 360? I just ordered it as an impulse buy off play.com. £18 brand new seems like a steal and it's meant to be a decent game so I thought what the heck.. plus I'd wager I can make most of my money back when I trade it in or sell it on.. any good?

Someone told me that for about £30 on Ebay you could get a converter which turned a regular moniter into a T.V which I would imagine would solve your problem.

i'm planning on taking my xbox 360 to uni, but i dont want to take a tv aswell as having a pc monitor-is it possible to play an xbox 360 through a pc monitor like you would a tv?

You can get a cable that will let you plug your xbox into a normal monitor - less than a tenner delivered.

"Enjoy crystal clear, high definition graphics and digital 5.1 surround sound with the Digital VGA Cable. Compatible with any PC monitor or display with a VGA input, the Digital VGA Cable takes advantage of the high definition output of the Xbox 360, displaying in either standard resolution or high resolution 720p (Progressive), or 1080i (Interlaced). Lastly a Digital Optical Cable is included on the lead itself, providing true 5.1 digital surround sound."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566