Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarby

I havent had a games console since the PS1 about 13/14 years ago. Mrs Scarbys dad has an Xbox and I was playing on it over xmas and decided I might invest.

I however have a couple of questions for those in the know.

1) Does any one have a 360? if so are they impressed?

2) Does anyone have the KINECT?

3) is the 4GB big enough? or should i go for 250GB?

I have looked at the 250BG and KINECT bundle however I find it hard to justify £300 squids.

thanks

I think it's better than the PS3, because it has a better catalogue of exclusive games, like Halo, Gears of War etc. Hard drive size depends on how many games you plan to get really and what you plan to do with it. The 360 isn't necessarily just a games console, it's an entertainment unit that can play songs/ films etc so if you plan to download games/films/demos/videos etc off xbox live marketplace then you will need a big hard drive. I personally wouldn't recommend getting a 4GB unit, even if you just plan to use it casually.

As for Kinect. I personally don't rate it, I was a tester on Kinect Sports so if you do decide to get that look out for my name in the credits :). The potential is there but there aren't really any games that make great use of the technology at the moment and from my experience there were some slight teething problems with it. As far as motion sensitive gaming goes it's no better than what's already on offer from the Wii at the moment..

Had my 20gb 360 for a good 3/4 years now. Aside from one RROD incident it's been great.

We use ours to stream videos from the mac so there is no need to save download space on the 360's HD. I don't think I've ever used even half of the space available.

Ive never played ps3 properly so cannot compare.

As for the kinect thing, I really don't see the attraction, especially at the current price. That may be because we already have the wii tho'.

I think it's better than the PS3, because it has a better catalogue of exclusive games, like Halo, Gears of War etc. Hard drive size depends on how many games you plan to get really and what you plan to do with it. The 360 isn't necessarily just a games console, it's an entertainment unit that can play songs/ films etc so if you plan to download games/films/demos/videos etc off xbox live marketplace then you will need a big hard drive. I personally wouldn't recommend getting a 4GB unit, even if you just plan to use it casually.

As for Kinect. I personally don't rate it, I was a tester on Kinect Sports so if you do decide to get that look out for my name in the credits :). The potential is there but there aren't really any games that make great use of the technology at the moment and from my experience there were some slight teething problems with it. As far as motion sensitive gaming goes it's no better than what's already on offer from the Wii at the moment..

Thanks. I might get the elite and not bother with the KINECT then for a while

Had my 20gb 360 for a good 3/4 years now. Aside from one RROD incident it's been great.

We use ours to stream videos from the mac so there is no need to save download space on the 360's HD. I don't think I've ever used even half of the space available.

Ive never played ps3 properly so cannot compare.

As for the kinect thing, I really don't see the attraction, especially at the current price. That may be because we already have the wii tho'.

what is RROD? how was it solved?

How do you stream videos from the mac?

what is RROD? how was it solved?

How do you stream videos from the mac?

Red ring of death-basicaly your xbox is broke if this happens. Less common in the newer models though.

Happened twice to my old one, so i just brought a new one as it was only £30 more then the £80 repair fee, plus has a two year warranty.

Make sure you get xbox live though scarbs, as it gives more longevity to games like Black Ops and FIFA

Just go for the 250gb model as the price difference isn't exactly sky high and then you can download as much xbox live addons/arcade games as you want. As mentioned already the newer versions don't tend to get RROD.
Kinect is a good laugh with mates but you need a substantial amount of room for it to work properly. Don't own it myself but a couple of my mates have got it.
Also xbox live is a quality, after having it for years and then suddenly not for 8 months last year I realised that I was an addict!

get live scarbs, that's all we play now.
It's a nice feeling to slash duzza's throat!!

Last edited:
If anyone has the new Call of Duty for the 360 and fancies giving someone an easy killing then feel free to add me - pds1985

I am never very good at these games, can't be arsed to wait around hiding I just run around all guns blazing.

If anyone has the new Call of Duty for the 360 and fancies giving someone an easy killing then feel free to add me - pds1985

I am never very good at these games, can't be arsed to wait around hiding I just run around all guns blazing.

Sounds just like me! We should see who is shittest :icon_lol:

went into town was very tempted to buy one but walked away. Its been years since I had a computer, im always busy with work, if im not working mrs scarby wants attention.

I dont know what to do

And if you're not doing that you're committing your time to the TB awards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566