Yann Kermogant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that was a limerick when I started reading it.

Not wishing to sound like a mongie that reads in to things too much but....

His temporary deal would have run out with Waghorn's loan in January, so would be looking to extend the loan of Wag and keep 6 senior strikers at the club? If so it seems a little excessive seeing as Kermit and DJ have barely had a look in and Gally has hardly played up front yet.

Last edited:
From Vital Football

Leicester City striker Yann Kermorgant has been offered a two and a half year contract to remain with the club, according to sources close to the player.

The Frenchman initially joined the Foxes on a short-term contract until January, and has made only made five first team appearances for the first team this season, two of them in the starting lineup.

But Pearson has clearly seen enough in training to extend the forward's current deal with the club.

Kermorgant could be lined up as a possible successor to Steve Howard, who has fallen out of favour at the Walkers Stadium in recent weeks. Last year's player of the year has not found the back of the net this season, and currently finds himself residing on the bench for the Foxes.

The deal is expected to be completed by Monday, as Kermorgant and his representatives mull over the offer.

http://www.leicester.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=177597

Who just get their info from forums.

And one or two other reliable sources I should add. But predominantly yes you're right.

As for Kermorgant, he must be doing something right in training. Allegedly the best finisher at the club.

Not sure what this means for Howard at the moment, I've got a feeling he'll be gone in the summer. I'd be somewhat disappointed if it were to be the case, although I can't help but feel that a barren season will force him out. Still a little undecided on that one...

Interesting if we sign him as he can't get in the squad now, so maybe he is for the future.

And one or two other reliable sources I should add. But predominantly yes you're right.

As for Kermorgant, he must be doing something right in training. Allegedly the best finisher at the club.

Not sure what this means for Howard at the moment, I've got a feeling he'll be gone in the summer. I'd be somewhat disappointed if it were to be the case, although I can't help but feel that a barren season will force him out. Still a little undecided on that one...

Isn't Howard 33 as well? He'll be gone in the summer if we can get rid (don't know when his contract is up?

I don't think Waghorn will stay on after Jan. We've got too many options up front and Pearson will seek to simplify things i reckon.

Isn't Howard 33 as well? He'll be gone in the summer if we can get rid (don't know when his contract is up?

I don't think Waghorn will stay on after Jan. We've got too many options up front and Pearson will seek to simplify things i reckon.

I'm pretty sure Howard signed a 3 1/2 year contract with us, if so he has another year left after this.

I'm suprised to see he's getting a new contract, particularly for 2 1/2 years. Thought they might just do it to the end of the season.

He hasn't really featured much so far this season...

Wonder what it means for Waggy...

And personally I wouldn't be suprised to see Howard go in January, either on loan or permanently. I think other clubs will be interested in him, and if he's not playing we may as well let him go as he must be one of the higher earners at the club.

He only signed until Christmas, hence the 2 1/2 to end in the summer.

I meant to the end of the current season... 2 1/2 years is a fairly long contract for someone who was originally only given a few months as a trial, and hasn't featured much.

But, Nige and his team must have seen something they are impressed with that they feel it's worth keeping him around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363