Yann Kermorgant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even I can get it now wow.

I see he is no 32. Have we had a MAIN player with such a high number (i.e. over no 30) in recent years usually they have been youngsters or old hasbeens that get such mumbers

His squad number is 22.

Even I can get it now wow.

I see he is no 32. Have we had a MAIN player with such a high number (i.e. over no 30) in recent years usually they have been youngsters or old hasbeens that get such mumbers

Nikos Dabizas was number 40 something I think.

Apparently, when we sold Akindonkey, he couldn't have No. 10 at his new club so insisted on having 55 instead. :icon_roll

No, Zagorakis was 37, Dabizas was 44. It was McKinlay who was 32.

Last edited:
Slightly off subject, anyone know why arsenals bentner is wearing 52 this season?

Slightly off subject, anyone know why arsenals bentner is wearing 52 this season?

Its a special number to him. :102:

Arsenal centre forward Nicklas Bendtner has changed his squad number for the new season.

The Dane caught up with Arsenal.com to explain why he decided on the switch and give a personal offer to fans who had bought his shirt through Club outlets this summer.

“The new season’s almost here, and along with the rest of the players I’m really excited and believe it can be a really special one for everyone associated with the Club." said Bendtner.

"Before it starts I wanted to change my squad number from 26 which I’ve obviously had for a number of seasons now. I chose to move to 52 because it’s a special number to me personally, and I hope that it brings me good luck for the new season.

"I appreciate that a good number of fans have bought their kits for 2009/10 already with names and numbers printed up so I’d like to personally cover the cost of replacing anyone’s shirt that has my previous number. It means a lot to see supporters wearing your name and number, and I want to ensure people aren’t inconvenienced by the change."

* The offer is valid for supporters that purchased the Arsenal home, away or third shirt from a Club shop or online via Arsenal Home Shopping since June 2009. Any supporter wanting to upgrade their shirt that features Nicklas’ previous squad number must show proof of purchase in store.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/bendtner-explains-switch-of-squad-number

"I appreciate that a good number of fans have bought their kits for 2009/10 already with names and numbers printed up so I’d like to personally cover the cost of replacing anyone’s shirt that has my previous number. It means a lot to see supporters wearing your name and number, and I want to ensure people aren’t inconvenienced by the change."

That manages to be simultaneously quite sweet and really egotistical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363