yeah...we got the win!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the lads keep focused now seeing that we have an important game on Tuesday.

We have to turn this one win into a winning streak for 10+games. I think we need to win on Tuesday.

weluvulesta.

I'm just happy we got a win,so many weekends have passed since I've known what it as felt like to win! We have all suffered enough misery so just enjoy the moment until Monday at least.Yes it was only Rotherham,Yes we didn't play that well,Yes its only 1 game but fook it we have won!!!!!!

weluvulesta said:
We have to turn this one win into a winning streak for 10+games. I think we need to win on Tuesday.

weluvulesta.

Apart from reading Richard Broadbent's diatribe, (I often like his column as well), what a belting day. Three points for City and some positive signs of encouragement.

Pointer one: Getting into a huddle before the kick off and showing some solidarity, unity and collective determination. All for One and One for All can go a long way in football as in so many other things.

Pointer two: No Nathan Blake. If the bloke gets himself fit and starts loving the shirt good luck to him but today we had people up front who made themselves a threat.

Pointer three: Crosses from the wing proved decisive.

The demands for improvement, so many positive suggestions have come from the fans, not from the Leicester Mercury.

RB points to the LM being justifiably biaised (we are all bloody biaised and so we should be) but where has the analysis been, the facts and figures that point inescapably to underachievement and the demand from that influential body that it's just not good enough.

So often reports detail who shot, who saved but give no real picture of the tactics and who truly played well. Match marks of 6's and 7's for people who have done sod all are a sop.

The fans demanded change, proper commitment, pride, a variation in tactics, solidarity, passion and Rotherham has been their first reward. Not the be all and end all, but the win the club needed, the foundation stone for improvement.

Just like the players THEY helped win this game. No-one realistically expects perfection or an instant solution to all our remaining weaknesses on Tuesday but if we can build on today there's hope.

There were fewer non or only occasional contributors at Rotherham. If we show the same indefatigable team spirit and we negate the remaining weak points then what we'll need most on Tuesday is total self belief.

We need each man to win his individual battles and the teammates round him to make sure it happens. God for Harry, Leicester and St.George. Let cheerfulness abound.

beaumontfox said:
IMO Nalis.

he got stuck into tackles and was everywhere battling for the ball.

Just want to see Williams doing the same thing!!

Micky Adams. He either listened to a few things that the fans were saying or worked em out for himself. It was a critical game for him in many ways and he got his team to show some unity and spirit. As everyone knows I believe he's made some mistakes and there are still things that need improving. But I'm not into knockin him if he puts em right and this was a creditable performance. His best this season. Long may it continue.

just seen Dublins goal.
:lol:
superb

MKFox said:
just seen Dublins goal.
:lol:
superb

I haven't seen it yet.

My lass made me laugh on Saturday. When one of our players (can't remenber who it was) chipped the ball back to their goalkeeper and it hit the bar, hit his nose and went in, she thought it was a goal, i pissed mysen.

beaumontfox said:
he didn't look happy as he was leaving the pitch though.

Rumour has it he was really pissed off cos in the second half we actually passed it on the deck :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363