Yet Another One Enters Administration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southampton were deducted points next season because of their position. Had they climbed out of the bottom 3 they would have got them this season, however as soon as their relegation was confirmed given them a 10 point deduction this season would have been no punishment as they were already down.

Stockports OS claims the matter of the points deduction is not all that clear. The BBC and alike are reporting it's this season, but I wouldn't take that as gospel.

Edit: The table on Stockports OS claims they are now 17th, however this is the same table that appears on nearly every League One's team website.

Where is Bob when you need him :icon_lol:

It seems that I and others have misunderstood the reason for the deadline for clubs going into administration.

If clubs go into administration after the deadline that passed a few weeks ago, the 10 point deduction will only be carried into the next season if they would have been relegated anyway.
Therefore Stockport get the deduction this season. But if they'd been relegated it would have been carried into next season.

But if Stockport don't come out of administration fairly quickly they could receive an additional points deduction next season.

Is it true that this 10point deduction rule came about because of Leicester's trip into administration ?

Is it true that this 10point deduction rule came about because of Leicester's trip into administration ?

May be not the only reason, but probably the main one and certainly down to that a great deal. More down to Colin moaning about us going into admin than anything though.

P.S. Someone told me why people call Warnock, Colin the other day :icon_lol:

edit: got there first

Last edited:
The only solution is to introduce a salary cap, where clubs are limited to a wage budget that is % of their annual turnover. It may also mean that players will be forced to command more responsible and financially viable wage demands.

The problem with this, according to Gabriel Marcotti in the Times, is that it will make the Big 4 even harder to catch. Villa's turnover is nowhere near Utd's and therefore they won't be able - ever - to bring in more expensive players. The Lerners of this world wouldn't be able to boost their salary costs, since it would need to be a function of their turnover.

So stable clubs, but also a stable dull Premiership. Bring on the European super league.

The problem with this, according to Gabriel Marcotti in the Times, is that it will make the Big 4 even harder to catch. Villa's turnover is nowhere near Utd's and therefore they won't be able - ever - to bring in more expensive players. The Lerners of this world wouldn't be able to boost their salary costs, since it would need to be a function of their turnover.

So stable clubs, but also a stable dull Premiership. Bring on the European super league.

Hmmm, good point, what about debt caps though? Surely £800mil in debt is beyond a joke in anyones book

I suspect we may see a few clubs entering administration before the start of next season

i hear Charlton are pretty close.

That is why I have suggested it is implemented in the Football league.

I would dispute that.

Big Wages at the top, but not for us little'uns.
So you're the football equivalent of a groundsmen, steward, burger / programme seller, turnstile attendant? The comparison remains valid.

It seems that I and others have misunderstood the reason for the deadline for clubs going into administration.

If clubs go into administration after the deadline that passed a few weeks ago, the 10 point deduction will only be carried into the next season if they would have been relegated anyway.
Therefore Stockport get the deduction this season. But if they'd been relegated it would have been carried into next season.

But if Stockport don't come out of administration fairly quickly they could receive an additional points deduction next season.

I'm not surprised that you are confused. The deadline was during the week that I was away on the boat and I was having to rely on the radio for my news rather than seeing anything in writing; it was far from clear what was going to happen and more than one different version of the rule was announced.

It does seem to me that the FL have once again cocked up on this and that Stockport have got away scot-free as far as the deduction of points is concerned (notwithstanding the very small chance that they still could be relegated). The new rule therefore benefits the higher clubs and hits 'already relegated' clubs even harder.

It does seem to me that the FL have once again cocked up on this and that Stockport have got away scot-free as far as the deduction of points is concerned The new rule therefore benefits the higher clubs and hits 'already relegated' clubs even harder.

I've seen it quoted on another site that HM Customs & Excise will not allow football clubs to come out of Administration with a CVA in place on principle. If true, this means that no Club will escape punishment by deduction of points by coming out of Administration with a CVA not in place.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Stockport will be counting themselves lucky to have got to the end of the season without going under. Their last home game, against Crewe last Friday, was in jeopardy right up to the final moment for the simple reason that they could not afford for police to attend the game. They were finally bailed out by Sale RUFC who share their ground and agreed to pay the police bill for them.

According to Stocky, it was waiting to happen. They own the most money to Sale Sharks. It was only the sale of Pilkington in January plus the loan departures of a few players what kept them ticking over. The real danger is County don't really have any assets, so they haven't got much sale off bar their team and staff. The stadium is owned by some-else for starters.

The only solution is to introduce a salary cap, where clubs are limited to a wage budget that is % of their annual turnover. It may also mean that players will be forced to command more responsible and financially viable wage demands.

The problem is that we have a football league which is four competitive division. The idea of a salary cap could cut off teams being successful from promotion to next division. The FA Cup would also be a waste of time.

It's not wage demands causing the problems either lower down. It's awful financial mismanagement and now it's hitting home.

Sad to see it happen tbh because I think County were led by a supporters trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566