Yodel

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedfoxxx

I ordered a football shirt from Sports Direct on Monday morning, which was to be delivered by Yodel. Using the online tracking service, I was told that the parcel had been delivered at 5.25pm yesterday. I then received a text and an email to confirm.

It hadn't arrived, none of my neighbours (I live in student halls and I know and trust all of them) or the campus reception has taken delivery of it. I used Yodel's 'chat' function to speak to a member of their support staff, who claimed that 'Scott' has signed for it. There isn't a Scott in the entire block of flats. I've since contacted Sports Direct but haven't had a response yet.

Anyone else had problems with Yodel/Sports Direct?

I have ordered a couple of golf clubs from them and they arrived in good time on both occassions.
I would suggest someone has had your delivery away scott free.
Boo hiss.

I was expecting a delivery by Yodel - and their online tracking system said that it had been delivered. Their person on 'chat' said it had been placed over our side-entrance (we don't have one) and that the delivery driver had photographed the front of our house to confirm his attendance; the person on 'chat' could clearly see our blue door (it's black) and the street name attached to the house (not the correct street name).

They said that they would get the delivery driver to retrieve the parcel from where he had left it and that I could afterwards collect it from their depot. I told them to **** off.

Last edited:
I suspect this could become quite a long thread

All that matters is that it descends into name calling and in jokes. #tommywright

Not had a problem myself, in fact an order I placed with myprotein.com was delivered a day early by Yodel. However my sister had ordered a few custom printed calenders from vista print, was posted to my parents address and delivered by Yodel. It was left down the side of their neighbors house in the snow and rain, was a week before the neighbors returns from holiday, needless to say everything was ruined. When she rang them the woman on the phone said the driver couldn't find the house (surely not hard to figure out house numbers!), she eventually got the calenders reprinted.

I know a few people who have had problems with Yodel.

I arranged for a phone to be delivered to my work address. Firstly they claimed that the delivery had been refused at 19:35 ... I work in a school, there was no-one here to refuse it. I checked the CCTV and there was no deliveries after 5-30 that afternoon. Then they said that they had made a mistake and that they couldn't find the house as the address has no house number, well it wouldn't, it was an effing school, the only one on the street, ****ing great big building with the word School outside. I said not to worry and that I'd collect it from the depot. They said I couldn't as it was being returned to O2 as it had been refused. I told them to get it back and to get it delivered the next day. "Sorry sir, we can't authorise private deliveries as you don't have an account with us". In the end I spoke to O2 and collected it from the O2 shop in MK. If only I'd done that in the first place.

Yodel are a complete waste of space.

Yodel, especially for home deliveries will use sub-contractors who deliver the items in between other jobs. They often use a personal car and have not been trained sufficiently to do the job. The expectations of the company (Yodel in this case) will be much greater than the courier can cope with.

Overnight carriers are unfortunately all shit. If I had to pick the best of a bad bunch it would probably be Interlink/DPD.

The company I work for has business with dhl who used to own Yodel, the business managers have nothing good to say about the home delivery business

Hmmmm, I'll just have wait and see what Sports Direct say then, seeing as Yodel palmed me off onto them.

Thanks for the replies.

Hmmmm, I'll just have wait and see what Sports Direct say then, seeing as Yodel palmed me off onto them.

Thanks for the replies.

Sports Direct might well point you back towrds Yodel - but don't forget that, in lkaw, it's the responsibility of the supplier to get the goods to you.

Sports Direct might well point you back towrds Yodel - but don't forget that, in lkaw, it's the responsibility of the supplier to get the goods to you.

I was told by the Yodel staff member that Sports Direct have their own communication links with Yodel couriers. I'm not expecting much when they do get back to me to be honest.

I was told by the Yodel staff member that Sports Direct have their own communication links with Yodel couriers. I'm not expecting much when they do get back to me to be honest.

If you expect not much, you'll get not much. You have a right to your goods and you should insist on your rights.

In a word - awful. They employ local down and outs to drive around in some clapped out old banger to deliver your stuff and then seem surprised when it's not delivered, damaged or delayed. Useless.

But he isn't in Poland :102:

(Or Latvia. Or Russian.)

:icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573