Yorks T20 home

Status
Not open for further replies.

glyn

Good bowling performance, restricted Yorks to 144 all out after a very good start. Very impressive bowling from McDonald and Gurney.

Notable that Wayne White didn't bowl at all, not even at the death. A change of tactic perhaps.

Fantastic, easy, win with 4 overs to spare. McDonald, Taylor and Cobb all played superbly. Most comprehensive win we've had in years, the team looks confident and each player has their clear role. Reminds me of our last good T20 team.

superb win tonight. they got off to a bit of a flyer but the intorduction of McDonald pegged them back, from then on we dominated the game. Cobb got the batting going and we never really looked like we would fail to reach the victory target.

Good win tonight, and a good crowd - Its been a while since I've seen it that busy
Interesting comments on RL about taking an extra spinner down to Worcs and who to drop. White looks like the best candidate to take a day off to make way for Naik

Very enjoyable evening. As someone else said it was good to see a good crowd. I know T20 is not for the purist but it's where the money is. Need to make the most of it. Bouncy Castles, Charlie Fox etc. bring in the kids and with them a full paying adult.

I also think I saw 4-4-2?

Good win tonight, and a good crowd - Its been a while since I've seen it that busy
Interesting comments on RL about taking an extra spinner down to Worcs and who to drop. White looks like the best candidate to take a day off to make way for Naik

Difficult one. I think Naik will play at Worcester on a spinner-prepared wicket - but in spite of his obvious limitations White is one of our best fielders in not a strong ground fielding side. There were one or two poor examples in an otherwise excellent performance last evening. Gurney is bowling exceptionally well but I just wonder if he will be rested on Friday evening and then brought back for the Northants game on Sunday - allowing White to play at Worcester and not weakening the batting/ fielding in what might be a lowish scoring game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566