Your England squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

CM

So what would it be? Bear in mind that Kirkland and Parker are both going to miss it through injury. While Young, A Cole, King, Woodgate, Campbell and Owen are all struggling.

I would go;

Robinson
James
Ben Foster (I like the idea of taking a young keeper for experience. Green is awful)

G Neville
P Neville (I'm not a huge fan but he can cover LB and CM if needed and do a decent job.)
Bridge
A Cole
Carragher
Terry
R Ferdinand
King

Beckham
Wright-Phillips
J Cole
Downing
Lampard
Gerrard
Carrick

Owen
Rooney
Crouch
Defoe
D Bent

I dread the thought of losing Owen, we will have a donkey up front with Rooney if so.

joe501 said:
I dread the thought of losing Owen, we will have a donkey up front with Rooney if so.

And two shit back up's for midfield if any of the main4 (beckham lamps gerrard cole) end up becoming injured... only decent is defense who doesnt even gel...

Robinson
James
Martyn

G Neville
J Carragher
J Terry
S Campbell
R Ferdinand
L King
A Cole
W Bridge

D Beckham
S Wright - Phillips
S Gerrard
F Lampard
M Carrick
J Cole
G Barry

M Owen
W Rooney
J Defoe
P Crouch
T Sheringham (Impact player for last 20 minutes)

Robinson
James
Martyn (If not - Kirkland (if unfit - Green))

G Neville
Campbell (If unfit - Brown)
Terry
Ferdinand
King (If unfit - P Neville)
Carragher
Cole (If unfit - Koncheskey)
Bridge (If unfit - Warnock)

Beckham
Lampard
Gerrard
Wright-Phillips
Cole
Carrick
Richardson

Owen (Bring him even if not fully fit, although this means taking 5 strikers)
Rooney
Crouch
Defoe
Bent

My Team: (Best Case scenario)

Robinson

Neville
Terry
Ferdinand
Cole

Beckham
Gerrard
Lampard
Cole

Owen
Rooney

My Team: (If all unfit/injured players are out)

Robinson

Neville
Terry
Ferdinand
Konchesky

Beckham
Gerrard
Lampard
Cole

Defoe
Rooney

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Robinson
James
Martyn

G Neville
J Carragher
J Terry
S Campbell
R Ferdinand
L King
A Cole
W Bridge

D Beckham
S Wright - Phillips
S Gerrard
F Lampard
M Carrick
J Cole
G Barry

M Owen
W Rooney
J Defoe
P Crouch
T Sheringham (Impact player for last 20 minutes)[/quote]

Couldn't agree more. but its not likely. as a 20 minute player there are not many better, Sheringham can still change a game massively IMHO. If the Manager was english then it would be a possibility but with Sven i really doubt it.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Robinson

T Sheringham (Impact player for last 20 minutes)

Great Idea.

My squad would be
Robinson
Green
Martyn

G Neville
J Carragher
J Terry
R Ferdinand
L King
A Cole
W Bridge
L Young

D Beckham
S Downing
S Gerrard
F Lampard
M Carrick
J Cole
K Nolan

M Owen
W Rooney
D Bent
D Ashton

Nathan said:
Crouch is the "impact player"

he changes a game just as much.

I agree, a huge prescence in the box unsettles defenders, a prime example is the friendly vs argentina

joe501 said:
I agree, a huge prescence in the box unsettles defenders, a prime example is the friendly vs argentina

and against uruguay.

also draws the attention of a team's best defenders away from Rooney.

England's probelms currently rely at centre-back.

Terry is supreme at the domestic game but struggles for pace in Europe.
Campbell is well fecked at the min.
Rio is a silly fecker, Davies of Bolton nut-megged him.
King is injured and will not be 100% fit.

I think Michael Dawson should be selected in the 23.

scott hiley of exeter city nutmegged christiano ronaldo in the fa cup a few years ago, i bet if you had a thousand goes you could possibly nutmeg ronaldinho, IMO in terry and rio we have one of the best centre back pairings in the world

One person that shouldn't go is Sol Campbell. It is no coincidence that he has decided to return to Arsenal just before the world cup selection

joe501 said:
scott hiley of exeter city nutmegged christiano ronaldo in the fa cup a few years ago, i bet if you had a thousand goes you could possibly nutmeg ronaldinho, IMO in terry and rio we have one of the best centre back pairings in the world

Rio is a confidence player which he lacks in abundance now.
Terry is not the great centre-half he appears at Chelsea.

We will struggle at the back plus the possible non=appearance of Ashley Cole who is a world=class left-back.

England won't win the World Cup, we do not have the players who have the bottle. No-one to take the game by the scruff of the neck, Lampard and Gerrard do for their clubs but not for England. Opposition score against England and the players all look around.

My Squad would be.

Robinson
James
Martyn/Pollitt

Terry
Carragher
Ferdinand
King
Nevile
Cole
Bridge
Dawson/A Ferdinand/Konchesky/Young

Lampard
Becks
Gerrard
Cole
Carrick
Nolan/Lennon
Wright-Phillips

Owen
Crouch
Rooney
Bent
Sheringham

I agree about taking Sheringham. Still Awesome IMO. I'd take either Martyn or Pollit as 3rd choice. Pollitt is steady keeper who doesn't make many mistakes.
I'd like to see them take either nolan or aaron Lennon too. I think he will be awesome in next 2 years.
Other Defenders position to go to one of the youngsters for experiance too. Personally i'm a anton ferdinand fan.

We have to take crouch IMO. He is our plan B against the south americna sides, they will not be used to defending against any player like him and this showed against argentina and uraguay. he has ot get at least half an hour against paraguay as he WILL cause their defence problems. Even against the likes of Brazil, who i consider to be extremely poor at the back, he will cause problems.

Another good idea from the squads above would be to take a ferdinand, he is on a high at the mo with his teams position after a promotion season last season and is playing reasonably well. Sometimes with an england team you have to forget about who has played there in the past and go with the form players. A ferdinand is one of those for me and would be an excellent back up player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566