£2 charge applied to Away Ticket pre-orders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be happy if the postage cost was included in the cost and I then went to pick up the tickets, so I think a postage charge would be acceptable. £2 is too much though even if they sent it recorded post. As for admin fees, the people get paid a wage whether they sell tickets or not so I can't see any point for them other than profiteering, the same with the old DD charges for season tickets.

Postage could be incorporated into the running costs, as other businesses do. Football clubs never used to charge for posting.

With other things I've heard re the Hinckley friendly it makes me wonder just how desperate they are for any extra money they can squeeze out

With other things I've heard re the Hinckley friendly it makes me wonder just how desperate they are for any extra money they can squeeze out

Not like you to be quiet about it. Let's hear it.

Last edited:
I wonder when enough will be enough and more people will join me in not giving the club any money whatsoever until they have a serious readjustment of their priorities?

The club haven't given a flying **** about the supporters for seasons and seasons but still fans stump up inflated ticket prices and meet insane merchandise pricing policies head-on.

They have you all on a catheter and are taking the piss until you wake up.

I wonder when enough will be enough and more people will join me in not giving the club any money whatsoever until they have a serious readjustment of their priorities?

The club haven't given a flying **** about the supporters for seasons and seasons but still fans stump up inflated ticket prices and meet insane merchandise pricing policies head-on.

That's professional football for you - it isn't just our club.

They got the price of one match ticket out of me last season.... until fans vote with their feet nothing will change.

That's professional football for you - it isn't just our club.

As someone said to me recently (in connection with Portsmouth) , I don't know why we persist in calling them football clubs, when the reality is that they stopped being clubs with fans long ago and became football companies with customers.

I wonder if this is a good enough reason for me to break my little streak.

Maybe you won't have a reason, we've heard a rumour and there are still some people at the club who understand we aren't a cash cow. I think I know who made the decision to add the charge and I used to play football with him, wish I'd broken the feckers legs in training.

So this decision wasn't made by the CEO then? (as she's a woman)

Maybe you won't have a reason, we've heard a rumour and there are still some people at the club who understand we aren't a cash cow. I think I know who made the decision to add the charge and I used to play football with him, wish I'd broken the feckers legs in training.

Stringer? I almost had his ankles a few times. Though I doubt he has that much power. Hmmm...

Stringer? I almost had his ankles a few times. Though I doubt he has that much power. Hmmm...

If I'd ever played with or against Stringer we wouldn't have to listen to his inane commentary on RL.

Football clubs don't owe you a match day experience.

It's a business - their stadium, their seats, and prices will continue to go up as in any business.

It's a business - their stadium, their seats, and prices will continue to go up as in any business.

Certainly don't, however, I don't owe them any loyalty and neither do the other thousands of fans who will look nfor cheaper/better value entertainment.

They owe it to themselves to ensure they attract the highest number of customers as possible, they are currently doing very little to ensure it. I will be out Mountain Biking on many Saturdays this year, partly because I am forced to look for better value entertainment.

Certainly don't, however, I don't owe them any loyalty and neither do the other thousands of fans who will look nfor cheaper/better value entertainment.

They owe it to themselves to ensure they attract the highest number of customers as possible, they are currently doing very little to ensure it. I will be out Mountain Biking on many Saturdays this year, partly because I am forced to look for better value entertainment.
:038::038::038:

What an odious phrase. You may be seeking a matchday experience, I'm ****ing not.

I've no idea how you've managed to lump together every club in existence either. There are football clubs who offer value for money. There are football clubs who value their supporters and hold true to the values they were set up to uphold.

Your knowledge of corporate practise is obviously far greater than mine. Here's me thinking that in order to ensure repeat custom one has to provide a product people are happy with at a price they find fair. Stupid me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566