11 Points Off Promotion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks statto.

Derby were top of the table 3 points clear at the same point as after the Norwich game last season.

Sunderland were on level on points with 6th place at the same point as after the Norwich game last season.

:icon_wink

Crystal Palace and Cardiff have shown that if you put a good run of results together it is possible to get near the play offs. However, IMO we aren't good enough to put together a 9/10 game unbeaten run, so the answer is NO!

I have to say even despite our good win against Coventry, I am looking over our shoulder rather than ahead.

Whilst I understand the balance of the side is better, nobody has seemed to realise that we are only 3 injuries away from being back to square one! Its great having two talented wingers, but what happens if they are suspended/injured?

I do not want to appear negative, I leave that to Melton (where has he gone?) - but we must realise that the win on Saturday was the start of a very long road to recovery.

Away to Norwich this week aswell - a six pinter if ever there was one!!

Not a chance.
The team is still deficient at
i) right side midfield winger (no cover for Hungarian - who might not be good enough anyway)
ii) right back is weak (Stearman, if he is retained there)
iii) left back vunerable. neither mattock or sheehan are ready yet

3 out of 10 outfield positions being suspect does not equal a promotion team NEXT season, let alone this.

Was being sarcastic :icon_lol::icon_lol:

I truly truly want to believe that.

Your initial post had diminished my already very limited faith in mankind.

Before you think of another related thread - may I also kindly mention that the win over Coventry - whilst welcome in our struggle to avoid serious relegation difficulties - does not suggest to me that our current side is the best in the club's history nor that the Howard/ Hayles partnership is about to eclipse any other striker partnerships in European football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669