2 drink limit if you are with kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its taking kids to the pub that drives ppl to drink in the first place!!

If folk dont like the rule then they will indeed drink elsewhere I guess.

OR... How long before someone takes it to the Court of Human Rights at great cost to the taxpayer saying it discriminates against kids

Last edited:
Under 18's shouldn't be allowed in pubs at all,if they must be let in they should be locked in a cupboard whilst us adults enjoy our drink

this is a cynical move by Wetherspoons

they're annoyed at people using the place as a doss hole for the whole day, having a few light drinks and taking ages over a meal

there's more money in having drinkers in, or people eating a meal quickly and sodding off

Who takes their kids to the pub if they're going to have more than a couple anyway?

they're annoyed at people using the place as a doss hole for the whole day, having a few light drinks and taking ages over a meal

there's more money in having drinkers in, or people eating a meal quickly and sodding off

To right it is. Its nothing to do with alcohol they have said it applies to any drinks.

Its all about the pikey, dole dossing, lay about scum that use Whetherspoons as a giant crèche for the day. I don’t think any other pub chain will need to do it.

Who takes their kids to the pub if they're going to have more than a couple anyway?

Youd be surprised! Normally the sorts who sit and get bladdered while their 6-7 little chav/chavettes run riot and disturb everyone else. Not that Im saying all parents do this! The ones that do are the ones that have prompted Weatherspoons to do this IMO

I wouldnt take mine to a pub in the evening but VERY OCCASIONALLY have taken them for Sunday lunch at a Beefeater type place on special occasions (usually when the in-laws come) but we eat and get out AND mine know how to behave.

Probably true. Their policy is get em in, flog em as many as possible in the shortest time, get em out again.

A couple of years back our nearest one put a ban on over 50s as "They didn't drink fast enough" - ie enjoyed sitting having a chat over a pint, taking up space that could accommodate people who drank faster. They removed 50% of the seats and tables at the same time - clearly also designed to discourage slow drinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669