2008 Twenty20 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CM

This time of year again.

I wasn't that excited last year but this time around theres added spice with a champions league spot up for grabs for the finalists. http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ci/content/current/story/353961.html

A potential $5m jackpot. That would completely turn this club upside down! We would be able to sign good english players :icon_razz

Fixtures:
11/06/2008 T20 Lancashire Grace Road
13/06/2008 T20 Durham Grace Road
15/06/2008 T20 Lancashire Old Trafford
17/06/2008 T20 Yorkshire Grace Road
19/06/2008 T20 Nottinghamshire Trent Bridge
20/06/2008 T20 Durham Riverside
22/06/2008 T20 Derbyshire Derby
24/06/2008 T20 Nottinghamshire Grace Road
26/06/2008 T20 Yorkshire Headingley
27/06/2008 T20 Derbyshire Grace Road

I'd go with a team of
Ackerman
DuToit
Allenby
Nixon+*
Dippenaar
Boyce
Snape
DuPreez
Henderson
Cummins
Kruger

Only 2 English players under 25 but there you go :102:

I think Dutoit could do well up top because he can play a few shots. Ackerman desperately needs some support so hope it would pay off. Dippenaar is a bit pedestrian so hide him in the mid order. I suppose DuPreez could be promoted up the order too because he can hit a cricket ball.

I am visiting Friday evening for the fixture against Durham. I suspect I will see the same old faces of many a 20Twenty campaign. I hope all those ****ish fans from the 'big' likes of Lancashire, Yorkshire and Notts visit and leave firmly disappointed.

I am visiting Friday evening for the fixture against Durham. I suspect I will see the same old faces of many a 20Twenty campaign. I hope all those ****ish fans from the 'big' likes of Lancashire, Yorkshire and Notts visit and leave firmly disappointed.

I will be in attendance on Wednesday (Lancs) and Friday. Can't wait.

I am hoping to go Derby aswell. Cork's family can still be heard at the ground moaning about that six which clearly went over the boundary. I was hoping Trent Bridge would fall on any other day than a Thursday but it did.

Thought you were on about the IPL. Not interested in this micky mouse league, don't follow it hence i will not make any other contribution to this thread :icon_wink

Least all the Indian players were actually born in there own country, they don't elect to play for there adopted or Mothers Cats nation or whatever the excuses are nowadays.
It's not England's fault that all the foreigners want to play for them.

As a non racist nation, we will do our very best to integrate them into our national teams :icon_bigg

Least all the Indian players were actually born in there own country, they don't elect to play for there adopted or Mothers Cats nation or whatever the excuses are nowadays.

But they do allow their champagne league of the IPL be swamped by foreigners? :icon_roll Remember who hit the winning runs of the IPL? A Pakistani.

But they do allow their champagne league of the IPL be swamped by foreigners? :icon_roll Remember who hit the winning runs of the IPL? A Pakistani.

Whats your point? There are no foreigners playing for India national side? IPL is the best league in the world, foreigners or not in order to have the best league in the world you have to best players in the world, Pakistani or not. Look at English county cricket not all the players are English :102:

It's not England's fault that all the foreigners want to play for them.

As a non racist nation, we will do our very best to integrate them into our national teams :icon_bigg

Well maybe the English board should grow some balls, its England, pick your own players and tell people who weren't born here to play for there own nations.

Whats your point? There are no foreigners playing for India national side? IPL is the best league in the world, foreigners or not in order to have the best league in the world you have to best players in the world, Pakistani or not. Look at English county cricket not all the players are English :102:

I made the point that 20Twenty's home lies in England and you discredited the tournament.

You said India are the champions of 20Twenty and then I made the point that the IPL 'India's 20Twenty League' is full of foreigners. So it's hardly developing the game in India is it? Whereas as ub our league, the money won goes into developing the game and making a go of it. IPL has done nothing but complicated the already very,very mucky waters of Indian cricket. Plastic, Chelsea-esque league whilst the history of many traditional Indian cricket clubs has been casted aside.

The issue of nationality applies for all countries, so India feel free to pick the very best of the rest of your region.

I'll leave at that, you have got a chip on your shoulder, the size of Denmark.

PS. You are getting there mixed up with their.

I made the point that 20Twenty's home lies in England and you discredited the tournament.

You said India are the champions of 20Twenty and then I made the point that the IPL 'India's 20Twenty League' is full of foreigners. So it's hardly developing the game in India is it? Whereas as ub our league, the money won goes into developing the game and making a go of it. IPL has done nothing but complicated the already very,very mucky waters of Indian cricket. Plastic, Chelsea-esque league whilst the history of many traditional Indian cricket clubs has been casted aside.

The issue of nationality applies for all countries, so India feel free to pick the very best of the rest of your region.

I'll leave at that, you have got a chip on your shoulder, the size of Denmark.

PS. You are getting there mixed up with their.

It's financially helping India as a country. India are the World Champions of 20-20 cricket; they won the Tournament in South Africa 2007.

I have no chip on my shoulder. I was simply saying IPL is the best league in the world, with the best players in it. India won the 20-20 World Cup and the players are taking part in the IPL. The English players want to be part of the IPL is shows how superior the league is in comparison to England's.

India don't need to fish for talent who weren't born there; hence there recent success in 20-20 and winning the U19's World Cup. The only problem I have is like I've said before, I hate how over-rated England players are and how players who weren't born in this country are playing for England, I think its wrong, its just my opinion.

PS- there is no such word as "ub."

Well maybe the English board should grow some balls, its England, pick your own players and tell people who weren't born here to play for there own nations.
I agree 100%.

Maybe cricket could be the example setter and continue on to be the catalyst for solving the same issue in society.

It's financially helping India as a country. India are the World Champions of 20-20 cricket; they won the Tournament in South Africa 2007.

I have no chip on my shoulder. I was simply saying IPL is the best league in the world, with the best players in it. India won the 20-20 World Cup and the players are taking part in the IPL. The English players want to be part of the IPL is shows how superior the league is in comparison to England's.

India don't need to fish for talent who weren't born there; hence there recent success in 20-20 and winning the U19's World Cup. The only problem I have is like I've said before, I hate how over-rated England players are and how players who weren't born in this country are playing for England, I think its wrong, its just my opinion.

If a things worth saying, it's worth saying three times - eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566