2008 Twenty20 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well maybe the English board should grow some balls, its England, pick your own players and tell people who weren't born here to play for there own nations.

I agree 100%.

Maybe cricket could be the example setter and continue on to be the catalyst for solving the same issue in society.

Not an avenue that this 'non-racist' MB should be going down IMHO, but a wholly deserved response to the provocative nonsense that we have had from Jessel in the last few days.

And yes, I do realise that it is most likely that Melton was writing for effect and not necessarily stating his real view on the subject

Not an avenue that this 'non-racist' MB should be going down IMHO, but a wholly deserved response to the provocative nonsense that we have had from Jessel in the last few days.

And yes, I do realise that it is most likely that Melton was writing for effect and not necessarily stating his real view on the subject

As I said earlier; it is just my opinion. I don't see why Pieterson should be allowed to play for England if he wasn't born here. Granted, I know he came here at an early age an adopted himself to this country, I just think its unfair on other nations and makes National sides a joke when you aren't even that nationality. My view on people playing for their nations is a complete different matter to foreigners coming into England.

Disappointing start for us, need 62 off last 5 overs with 5 wickets to go. Ackerman and Dippy both failing didn't help!

Very dissapointing tonight. The whole evening was a bit low. Not really a big crowd (no queues at the bars though:icon_bigg) and no one seemed to get behind the team. Nixon had a good knock but looked for the reverse sweep too often.

Hopefully be a few more will there on Friday and a better result expected.

Very dissapointing tonight. The whole evening was a bit low. Not really a big crowd (no queues at the bars though:icon_bigg) .

Disappointing turn out in Cardiff for the Glam game as well apparentely. 2020 fatigue.....or just worried about the cloudy weather :102:

2 quick Malik wickets and they're 18/2

Mustard has torn us apart a few times from memory mind, we need to get him soonish then we'll be on top

Another poor crowd again last night. I think after last years bad weather a few are not prepared to pay up front and risk losing the money. Asking £20 on the door is stupid when it was £12 last year.

Lancs 51-1 off 5 having won the toss. Not a good start, and we are a far better team defending than chasing. 3 defeats from 3......?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669